Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

3 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

I continue to be impressed with how the forward movement of the storm is slowing down on all of the models. We've gone from Saturday evening in the Gulf of Maine to Saturday evening just e of Cape Cod. This is a big improvement and changes this from potentially a 12 hour event to potentially a 17 or 18 hour event. The GFS is trending towards the ECMWF. Do not be surprised if the 18Z run changes back a hair. The most important thing now is that the Euro is consistent with itself. If we can hold the Euro, improve on the CMC and the UKMET the GFS will eventually come around fully. 

WX/PT

Assuming the new Euro doesn’t start backing down then yea, we are probably starting to see a full GFS cave to its solution….I’d like to see what the CMC and Ukie do next like you said….don’t really care about the ICON, it ends up bowing to consensus just before an event anyway…..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Cmc crushes eastern LI and eastern SNE.  Further west than 0z.

I_nw_EST_2022012512_108.png

That would look like a number of storms we've had over the years with my area getting 4-8 while the eastern areas get a full blown storm. I think this is what is more likely than a crush job here, though over your way a little east you might do better than that, IF it doesn't slip further east altogether, which is also on the table. At least there is something to talk about, and even the radio news is expecting some sort of snow this weekend at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Cmc crushes eastern LI and eastern SNE.  Further west than 0z.

I_nw_EST_2022012512_108.png

It's WAY west than 0z, no? - everybody got so fixated on the bad gfs runs that they didn't realize this went from amazing for nyc area to terrible, now it's only another 75-100 mile shift from an epic solution. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I think it's coming but wouldn't be surprised if it slipped east a bit at the end.  

I agree, I think this has very sharp cutoff/subsidence on the NW side written all over it. Still would not be surprised to ultimately see this an eastern LI/eastern NE bomb. Something like what the CMC just showed would not surprise me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

I agree, I think this has very sharp cutoff/subsidence on the NW side written all over it. Still would not be surprised to ultimately see this an eastern LI/eastern NE bomb. Something like what the CMC just showed would not surprise me

that's often the case with these gulf storms-   Boxing day 2010, Jan 2018 had very sharp NW cutoffs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I see that as well. The Euro is probably our best case scenario. 

• Like 1

Looking at the GFS / CMC the track HAS shifted west from the 00Z runs for sure.

That alone is not going to get it done at least for locations west of I95.

Those two models are too late of a complete phase / bombing thus they would

result in not a big deal event at all west of I95 and a so-so event for immediate metro.

Central and eastern L.I. and SE NE would fare MUCH better. 

Make no mistake for this entire forum to meet or exceed expectations of 12"+ this has to

close and capture further SW than indicated by current GFS / CMC.  Long ways to go

but these two solutions are possible.  Main take away here is consensus is increasing for

bombing low off or along the MA OR NE coast.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

Yeah, unfortunately we are relying on phase and phase alone

There's still room for it to come west. The ridge axis out west isn't in a bad place, and there's room for the southern energy to be more consolidated and phase faster. GEFS also just came out and went west, with several members that would send the low over Cape Cod. We'd get buried even into NYC with those. No doubt 12z so far is going in a good direction.

• Like 4