Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

So the euro against the world again? That’s worked out well so far this season…

06z GEFS had a decent western cohert developing again compared to 00z, even though the op was a mess. A lot of time for changes in any direction. 

23 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

06z GEFS had a decent western cohert developing again compared to 00z, even though the op was a mess. A lot of time for changes in any direction. 

like Forky pointed out -"treat the Op as an ensemble member at this range"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

the 12z Nam was a slight improvement at 500 over the 6z. But still holding back in the SW. 

f364f146-9a85-4a0a-8c1e-4a13be56195b.gif

It’s getting there but I wouldn’t be sweating what the Nam has to say at this range. It’s been known to change on a dime with these things. Any model which shows the southern wave eject faster is what we want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

For those of us not so well versed, what does this mean...thanks in advance...

The model we see is the operational. There are also 51 or so different ensemble members that provide different solutions and are usually looked at in the mid and longer term so he is saying just treat the operational like one of those and just another solution that may or may not be right until closer to the event. IMO operationals have a lot of variablility beyond 72 hours. 

• Like 1

All things considered, I still think we're in a really good spot for this. If the Euro changed course this morning it'd be one thing, but it's holding strong and adding the RGEM on board? I'll take it.

I like that even the GFS has my area getting a few inches; that's a nice consolation prize.

Long ways to go.

• Like 3

If 12Z euro can stay in the same ballpark and CMC/GFS can at least have some favorable trends then the RGEM

and Euro maybe starting to sniff something out.  KEY is going to be once s/w over the pacific makes it into the grid 12Z tomorrow and is

fully sampled.  That piece of energy and how it evolves is the major moving part in how and where this goes boom.

Based on latest RGEM (which looks great) I would expected an interesting GGEM run shortly.

• Like 2

I continue to be impressed with how the forward movement of the storm is slowing down on all of the models. We've gone from Saturday evening in the Gulf of Maine to Saturday evening just e of Cape Cod. This is a big improvement and changes this from potentially a 12 hour event to potentially a 17 or 18 hour event. The GFS is trending towards the ECMWF. Do not be surprised if the 18Z run changes back a hair. The most important thing now is that the Euro is consistent with itself. If we can hold the Euro, improve on the CMC and the UKMET the GFS will eventually come around fully. 

WX/PT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MANDA said:

I'm not hyping the Euro control so don't take it that way.  Should be treated as just another member.

06Z control continues very impressive and now has all of NJ in close to or just over 20" totals.

Individual eps members also have increased in the number with now 17 members with 12"+ for KMMU.  Showing a shift westward of higher totals.  Two members @ 24 - 25".

I like that Euro EPS is holding steady or even nudging west.  That is the only take away here.

Control is classic KU closing / capturing solution for NJ.  Longs ways to go...just sharing some information here.

Also, probabilities are rising as per a few posts back from another poster.  I've been watching those over the last 24 hours as well.

All of NJ close to or over 20” LOL

• Like 2