Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

56 minutes ago, nyrangers1022 said:

I hope my area gets fringed with 3-6 inches.  And areas southeast and north east get smoked just to give most people their storm.  I'll take that, with a Saturday "taxpayers" storm is what we call it.  Easy 15 hours OT 

"Taxpayers storm."  You $#*%(*s even have a name for it lol.

Up to this point I didn't care how much I got, but now that I realize that I'm literally paying for it I want my money's worth god@$# it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

Geese everybody. Step off the ledge. 

Could this miss us? Yes. But anyone whose been following should know that by now. 

You have three pieces of energy and no blocking whatsoever. Models are going to change. 

Sit back and hold tight. There is the potential for nothing to historic. It unfortunately is a wait and see. 

Side note : this is why historic storms are just that: historic. They are rare.

Not saying it won't happen. 

agree 100% anyone who even suggests this might be a HECS 4 - 5 days in advance  has a lot to learn IMO...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

What evidence is there that the Gulf Stream is slowing down?

I just think the sst anomaly is being given too much weight in the potential to increase snow totals when compared to a multitude of other factors. 

The record SSTs result in deeper low pressure, heavier precipitation, and stronger winds when storms can track close enough to our area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

"Taxpayers storm."  You $#*%(*s even have a name for it lol.

Up to this point I didn't care how much I got, but now that I realize that I'm literally paying for it I want my money's worth god@$# it!

Lmao Saturday storms are way less stressful.  Everyone's home.  Also no worst feeling working a 7-330 normal shift, for it to start snowing at 3pm.  Work all through the night, clean up by 10, only to get stuck until 330pm to finish out your normal shift.   Up for 36 hours straight is no fun multiple times a year

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

agree 100% anyone who even suggests this might be a HECS 4 - 5 days in advance  has a lot to learn IMO...

9 minutes ago, Rjay said:

This might be a HECS.   

7 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

well you are the boss here- never argue with the boss

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

You can argue/disagree with me all you want.   That's 100% allowed. 

No way Bx is going to let this go…. As always ….

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

What evidence is there that the Gulf Stream is slowing down?

I just think the sst anomaly is being given too much weight in the potential to increase snow totals when compared to a multitude of other factors. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/08/05/major-atlantic-current-may-be-on-the-verge-of-collapse-scientists-warn/?sh=42b0d96a47aa

The study, which appeared in the journal Nature Climate Change, found several signs that Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC), of which the Gulf Stream is a part, is slowing down and might be about to collapse.Aug 5, 2021

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

Its called leaving the door open to lesser amounts then some of Mondays models are advertising - a lot of people here are setting themselves up for  major disappointment because of 1 days worth runs showing heavy amounts with 4 days still to go ........

Life is a lot easier if you only pay attention to 0z and 12z model runs, trust me.

• Like 2

Just now, HeadInTheClouds said:

were-waiting-gif-6.gif

The 18z Euro only goes out 84 hrs. The ensembles do go out to our storm timeframe though so I’ll be interested in that. 

I agree too much freaking out. Lots of pieces to this storm and we need them to cooperate. We need at least some southern stream involvement here, a solution where it hangs back that much wouldn’t work. But quite a ways to go. I wouldn’t lock into anything for another 48hrs at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

The 18z Euro only goes out 84 hrs. The ensembles do go out to our storm timeframe though so I’ll be interested in that. 

I agree too much freaking out. Lots of pieces to this storm and we need them to cooperate. We need at least some southern stream involvement here, a solution where it hangs back that much wouldn’t work. But quite a ways to go. I wouldn’t lock into anything for another 48hrs at least.

Thanks. I forgot the 18z only went out to 84 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Monmouth_County_Jacpot said:

it actually goes out to 90

And at 90 it leaves very little behind in the southern stream.  Extrapolated out I believe it would have been an interesting 102 and beyond.  Still, LOTS of moving parts and best we can do is watch the trends.  NOTHING is written is stone and likely won't be for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torch said:

This is not history, what did or didn’t happen up to now has no bearing on Saturday’s outcome.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Dont diminish seasonal precedent of trending east with a fast flow. Especially if it starts to show again

This is too far out to get excited

And it is certainly too far out to dismiss another out to sea possibility

There seems to be a subforum opinion that we have to have a major snow this January. The pattern is too good.

Yet the pattern keeps proving hostile

• Like 1