Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

25 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Miller A's always have a narrow jackpot zone with a major screw zone just to the NW of wherever that sets up. See 1/26-1/27 2015 and to a certain extent 12/26/10 as examples. 

It doesn't get any sharper than this.

Ocean County Remembers the Boxing Day Blizzard of 2010 – 6 Years Later  [VIDEO]

This is the Boxing Day storm and if I'm not mistaken it was a Miller B not a Miller A

25 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Miller A's always have a narrow jackpot zone with a major screw zone just to the NW of wherever that sets up. See 1/26-1/27 2015 and to a certain extent 12/26/10 as examples. 

It doesn't get any sharper than this.

Ocean County Remembers the Boxing Day Blizzard of 2010 – 6 Years Later  [VIDEO]

That 2015 storm prob had the sharpest cutoff I’ve ever seen. 1” of fluff here while 15 miles to my south had 18”

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Need that west trend to stop now. Some members going into CT showing up.

Well if that happens it happens, nothing we could do about it anyway. However, that's the best look we've had on the EPS thus far with a very sizable cluster closer to the mean. Which is good. This thing has a ways to go. We're still not even in range for the 18z euro or nam yet lol. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I’d gladly sign for that. Epic amounts were a bit east of MBY but it was probably 18-20” here. 

Again it’s way too early to nail down an outcome. 

We had rain at the beginning here with that one, that wont be the case this time around.

If that storm was all snow here it would have easily been 20 inches plus

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

That’s really nice. Lots of big time outcomes for 95% of us. Shows the range of outcomes well. None go west of LI which is encouraging at this stage. 

You actually want some to go west of LI to ensure this wont go too far east of us.

I want a track between Block Island and Nantucket. How many of the ensembles go west of 40/70?

1 hour ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yea you can see the southwest bend in the precip tilt a lot further south this run, I'd imagine that would bend even further SW if the low bombed out faster. 

We want it to trend a little further west to get in on the good stuff (by good I mean 20 inches plus).  Here in SW Nassau I would like it to go 100 miles further west- a track between Block Island and Nantucket would be ideal.

48 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

I was in the one-inch snowhole for that storm (Allentown). WSW for 10-16 turned into a coating of pixie dust. A truly awful memory, and reading the reports in this forum of what was happening 50 miles to my east made everything ten times worse.

Ugh, don't remind me of that one. Need this west trend to continue, let it rain to the east!! Haha.

2 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Just commentating after seeing Euro. 

Unless there's a massive regime change next day or so it seems likely we phase. 

In almost every instance when this occurred the storm ticked west and/or got going faster which caused a west tick (see our last big inland cutter). 

Having that extra wiggle room provided by the GFS/Euro is a very good thing right now.

A bullseye this far out usually means we mix/changeover as storm eventually shifts too far west. This is especially true given we don't have a true -NAO block in place.

This is why our largest storms were first forecast to miss our area to the south.and east.

See Feb 1983, Jan 1996, PD2, Boxing Day 2010 and Jan 2016

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

The Euro would have a track closer to the GFS and CMC if it didn’t hang the energy back to the SW longer. The sooner this goes negative tilt, the more of a chance it will tuck or hug. We really need to thread the needle for a perfect track with a +AO and +NAO. The balance has to be just the right between the +PNA ridge and the ridge east of New England for it to substitute for a Greenland block. Plenty of days ahead to refine the track and intensity.

Aren't all events thread the needle events?   They could all trend slightly one way or another and cause big changes to the outcome.   I've seen mixing or changing or out sea tracks with -AO and -NAO too.    I'd rather have a +PNA than a -NAO or -AO.