Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 hour ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

This is insane. The pressure gradient over eastern New England is ridiculous, 75mph+ winds. I do not have precip maps but given the track I would guess we are on the western edge of the heavier snow with the heaviest snowfall to our east. But the Euro is another model trending closer to us so we watch and wait: 

WX/PT

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_7.png

This now introduces mixing into SE MA doesn't it?

6 hours ago, Rjay said:

@wdrag. Any thoughts?

Looks like it's coming per 00z/24 ensembles (EPS/GEFS/NAEFS) and the storm all have been looking for. Biggest is for e LI/Eastern New England but several inches possible down I95 to Raleigh with even dustings possible ATL/AVL. Depends on processes as usual.

WPC overnight chances of 3"+ are still only 10%, except 30% BOS.  But these probs do not reflect the 00z/24 ensembles.  

It's still possible ensembles will shrink seaward, but the trend is your friend with 00z/24 op EC/UK/GGEM on board.

Bottom line: thread looks more like a hit than a miss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

This is insane. The pressure gradient over eastern New England is ridiculous, 75mph+ winds. I do not have precip maps but given the track I would guess we are on the western edge of the heavier snow with the heaviest snowfall to our east. But the Euro is another model trending closer to us so we watch and wait: 

WX/PT

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_7.png

I don't remember ever seeing a low with a pressure of 948 off the northeast coast, not even on a model days out,

Looks like it’s game time. This is giving me the chills. If we reach those pressures we are talking one of the greats with the full plate of impacts. From feet of snow (most likely east) to damaging winds and major coastal flooding.

You’re setting yourself up for disappointment talking like that this far out.

• Like 12

Yes plenty of time for trends to continue one way or the other and I wouldn’t get invested in one outcome or another yet. Small shifts can put this back out to sea or have it trend to a hugger. Yes it can keep trending to a hugger if the trough keeps amplifying and because we have little/no blocking here. For me at this point I’m happy to see the OTS trend reversing. And for whoever it does affect it could be a massive impact system. If it’s still showing a big coastal impact by Wed night, I’d get a lot more excited. But this season is too chaotic to be at this point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

Man, this storm has massive potential as well as massive heartbreak potential but that's what makes tracking fun, eh?

If this comes to fruition, when was the last time the CMC led the way when it was on its own? I honestly can't remember.

Gfs had a monster on a few runs