• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 hours ago, wxsniss said:

As theorized earlier today... that was literally a jump of 200-300 miles west as a result of a better N-S stream interaction

Great to see this on the Euro OP

Euro_0124_0z_138hr_surface.thumb.png.e9373aba40c0a1b2e4c0b63a1bd77281.png

Question that will be interesting to see answered...is how much more does this trend. I could be thinking of another storm, but the evolution and track of this remind me of 2-6-2013. Not saying I think the results would be the same, just the look leading up

Although I do agree with the West trends with the models, I don't see this one doing what the storm a few weeks back did.... Where is cuts way inland. Just nit the same set up as that. We have a High pressure to the north/ northwest and the troughing in the West is set up better for this storm to stay offshore. 

With that said, xould it track over the cape, now that is possible, but the more likely trend would be very close to the BM or just a touch inside or outside the BM. 

Just my thoughts on what we're seeing with last nights trends

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll quit the board if that happens again. Fortunately, or unfortunately, this has more room to come west. Nothing to stop this from going up the CT river or even the hudson. 

Not thinking that is probable ( slightly possible yes ) but probable, not at this time. 

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That due north Canadian scenario into SNE is on play. Careful what you wish for. At least something to track. LOL at the out to sea weenies yesterday. 

Yep. We knew. This could easily run up the CT Valley. There’s still an eternity for this to trend too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic