• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

So for CT peeps - the 12z fv3 hires seems pretty well lined up to the band's current position. Looks like it has it working it back west over the next few hours to get even @Damage In Tollandand to the Tolland/Hartford county border. Unfortunately it then almost immediately starts to collapse as the surface low continues to get tugged northeast as it clearly has been. But a few hours delay in that tug could mean quite a lot.

However, it seems on the more aggressive side of st guidance with the western push.

That’s what I’ve been banking on. It will be close . Will need that to get 15+ If not .. it’s 12-13” . Probably more for you either way 

Just now, dendrite said:

We’ve had stretches where they all come northwest. My band last Dec was a late modeling push NW. some of the biggies have just been east lately.

Yeah, rarely (never?) does a forecast work out perfectly, so at least half the time it's a tick east.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We’ve had stretches where they all come northwest. My band last Dec was a late modeling push NW. some of the biggies have just been east lately.

LOL that one still whiffed me too.

I've ended up preferring to see the models show marginal cutters/inland runners that can trend SE and turn into elevation events. That's been more reliable for me last two winters.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Any new thoughts .. westward push/ pivot ? Seems like it can pivot here for a 1-3 hour period 

I don’t see anything enlightening in the last hour. I think guidance is mostly doing ok except it’s probably a bit light under the banding over E MA. 

You should get some outer bands in your area. You can still see a bit of a Nw push in E CT

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

This one is unusual in that the mid levels closing off (timing) and tracks were always great for the interior but the surface track worsened. You guys will still get a good storm out of this bc of the former.

It doesn’t help either that your climo raises the bar for  what is a big snowstorm event. 

My big take home is that if the flow is fast off the east coast without blocking, sell the clean phase.

At the end of the day I think a ++NAO bit us again. Not terribly, but enough to reduce this to best storm of the year, from best in 10 or 20.

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yea, of course the one that was modeled to hit me drifted, and this one grounds itself in Boston. MLK gets tugged NW by N Stream queef, and this chases convective tail just far enough east.

Beat goes on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RI Rob said:

I was referring to this. Seems like it's stuck just SE of Metro Boston. 

https://ibb.co/B2b90gP

6 minutes ago, RI Rob said:

I was referring to this. Seems like it's stuck just SE of Metro Boston. 

https://ibb.co/B2b90gP

The good band is over Boston but the best goods are SE.  Hard to know if it is as strong when it reaches the city.