• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

I live in the NYC subforum. Only going to get 3 to 6 inches down my way. I ALMOST took an airbnb tonight thru Monday in Wayland MA specifically to be up there for the storm. I wound up not doing it as I hemmed and hawed. Anyway, I'll be living vicariously through you guys on this one. GL! 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This has always looked like a total beast aloft for SNE since early in the week. It’s just that bizarre convective train going fishing in George’s Bank decided to show up late last night/today on guidance. 

I honestly believe it wont be like that.. This is going to be a beast for most 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

This has always looked like a total beast aloft for SNE since early in the week. It’s just that bizarre convective train going fishing in George’s Bank decided to show up late last night/today on guidance. 

Such a strange evolution. I'm placing my bet that the upper levels win the day. If not, we can cancel the rest of winter :lol: 

55 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:
Most difficult forecast I have ever observed in multiple decades of following winter weather. Anyway, here is my view on the impending Blizzard (hopefully, maybe) of '22. For in depth look at why this forecast is so excruciatingly, if the event that you have a rather keen interest in watching paint try, have read for a glimpse into my rationale. Otherwise, should be firing up around midnight from south to north, and going (hopefully) strong throughout the day tomorrow before winding down Saturday evening. If this comes together as is should/could, it has the potential to deposit snowfall rivaling that of the Blizzard of 1978, however, confidence in an outcome of that magnitude is tempered by some odd phenomenon going on offshore (see blog). Infrastructure is likely to be paralyzed tomorrow, unless I am somewhat delusional, which is a possibility.
Now time to sleep for about 12 hours-

FINAL CALL.png

@Damage In Tolland Thanks for the heads up on the map mistake, fixed that missed range...also changed Berks from 4-8 to 5-10"

FINAL CALL.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Great Euro run. 965mb just off the Cape.  By the way this run brings snow to every place in New England.  From the SW corner of Connecticut to Caribou Maine.  Not one person sees a flip or a mix.  When was the last time that happened?

What a frickin ride this week.  Off to bed so I can wake up early.  Thanks to all the great analysis.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The Euro has zeroed in on BOS metro and south for days and days.

• Like 1

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

BOX AFD discussion said they could be as high as 20-25 to 1 in bands, so clown maps could be understated for once in their life.

I’m still skeptical on that. It would need to really be the perfect conditions. 12-15 to 1 is a more reasonable expectation and you still get a dumping of snow with that.