• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Random thought this afternoon... but I think Long Island could be the jackpot here. 

I've noticed that on the lot of the short term guidance, that massive QPF bomb has been creeping north slowly so that we're seeing it over LI....I'm wondering if that just ends up creeping NNE across the sound into SE CT.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So do you believe River east is fine too? Asking for friends 

Depends.....if you're talking about the Thames, yes.

12 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

if that keeps trending earlier, it could maybe be a good thing. hard to say

It's got about 6 hours to keep trending.  :)

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Random thought this afternoon... but I think Long Island could be the jackpot here. 

Your fingers to God’s keyboard! 

I have no freaking clue what’s going to happen with this. You would think with the upper air lows where they are it would be a great outcome for the vast majority of us. 

• Like 1

Not buying this solution either...

Continuity blows harder than the winds being modeled - 

At this point I'm resolute to rely on now cast.  Stay the present course on current snow and wind coverage, and adjust down(up) accordingly.

I realize television talent and back-office officials don't have that luxury when it comes to advising the public, but get creative with the language - some times ya gotta do your job.  Heh.

Something like, "I apologize that I cannot confirm the higher end of the snow fall potential at this time, but the potential is still there. Pleas check in regularly as we will be updating this to keep you informed, as the storm's impacts become more clear..."

sumpin' like ghat -

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, MegaMike said:

I should've been more explicit with that prompt. My bad!

That was a comment for the WRF modeling system,  but the "convective grey zone" is a problem for all modeling systems really. The Met Office acknowledges it too - https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/approach/collaboration/grey-zone-project/index

It's definitely not my area of expertise, but you wonder as all these models drive down into this not quite convection allowing but not not convection allowing zone if that's not a large reason why cyclogenesis when you have a lot of latent heat release seems to be a little more unreliable.