• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Yeah... this run of the NAM does little to motivate me - personally..

I mean I've seen this kind of antic from the NAM < 48 hours, where it tosses a turd cycle into the punch-bowl, only to correct a cycle or two later. 

This run appears to be just a 'slightly' unraveling of the 06z ...and immediately, we see a ... I dunno 20% reduction in the 'awe' top side.  In a philosophy that's fine, because the previous solutions were sorta kinda 'off the reservation' relative to climo to an uncomfortable extent.  That said, the "upside" aspect of this is still there - so we can't let guard down as to how much this could come back...  Side, RGEM...GGEM and Euro ... 

Wouldn't it be funny if the GFS came in with a 30-bomb clear to HFD - haha

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah... this run of the NAM does little to motivate me - personally..

I mean I've seen this kind of antic from the NAM < 48 hours, where it tosses a turd cycle into the punch-bowl, only to correct a cycle or two later. 

This run appears to be just a 'slightly' unraveling of the 06z ...and immediately, we see a ... I dunno 20% reduction in the 'awe' top side.  In a philosophy that's fine, because the previous solutions were sorta kinda 'off the reservation' relative to climo to an uncomfortable extent.  That said, the "upside" aspect of this is still there - so we can't let guard down as to how much this could come back...  Side, RGEM...GGEM and Euro ... 

Wouldn't it be funny if the GFS came in with a 30-bomb clear to HFD - haha

My friend just sold his childhood collection of Kiss memorabilia for $6000!
OT, but I had a friend who collected custom guitars. Had a Gene Simmons are bass, #2/250. Gene had #1, obviously. There were cork pegs in the body. We removed one and there was a handwritten note. Kinda cool.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think we are just obsessing over the trees in the midst of a historically expansive forest-

Yes, very much so. I don't really think this double, or elongated low is a real thing. Probably more the models dealing with the phase. I feel we've seen this before and in the end it was one cohesive LP

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

I think we're all in agreement that naming winter storms is a stupid practice...but I can't help but notice Ch3 in CT has gone with the name 'Bobby'. I can't think of a more underwhelming name for a storm of this magnitude. Cringeworthy.

We mused last night ... maybe "James" would be better -

• Like 2

I mean at this point if the Euro stays on point at 12z, then you just start mostly ignoring the other output unless you see really see drastic changes at 500mb and 700mb. @Ginx snewx has stressed this and I believe this too.  It's just so UNUSUAL for this type of disagreement this close in, but then again, this is an very anomalous setup, so maybe resolution isn't on your side in this scenario...  also, anything that NCEP is running with an FV3 core doesn't seem to be getting a good handle on this.  Something for them study after the storm if the Euro/NAM solution holds up.

• Like 1