• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not sure how I would benefit from the dual low delaying the capture up the coast.

You would as long as the capture wasn't too far NE...like say it was captured just east if ACK/CHH instead of south of BID....then that would help you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The fun part is this storm will have small surprises right to the end.  This winter has been so bad I'm content with any decent snowfall at this point, jackpots are of no concern.

Good post. Remember a few weeks ago when we were happy with possibly getting 3 or 4 inches of snow? Just something to make it look like winter? We’re getting that tomorrow plus some. I’m just grateful for that. 

• Like 1

I've never seen so much uncertainty with a storm. Will Methuen, MA get 20? Will Methuen, MA get 33? Will Methuen, MA get 13? Will subsidence set up over Methuen, MA? Will Methuen, MA be in the deformation band? If so, for how long? What direction will the winds be in Methuen, MA? What will the ratios be in Methuen, MA?

Just insanity from a forecasting perspective.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

I've never seen so much uncertainty with a storm. Will in Methuen, MA get 20? Will in Methuen, MA get 33? Will in Methuen, MA get 13? Will subsidence set up over in Methuen, MA? Will Methuen, MA in the deformation band? If so, for how long? What direction will the winds be in Methuen, MA? What will the ratios be in in Methuen, MA?

Frustration and anxiety creeping into WOR posts.

Good sign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

I've never seen so much uncertainty with a storm. Will in Methuen, MA get 20? Will in Methuen, MA get 33? Will in Methuen, MA get 13? Will subsidence set up over in Methuen, MA? Will Methuen, MA in the deformation band? If so, for how long? What direction will the winds be in Methuen, MA? What will the ratios be in in Methuen, MA?

What's Will doing in Methuen?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Love this tweet from Kevin W

May seem "bunny" of him, but I sat nonplussed at what I was seeing last night.. And now the 06z Euro and 06Z NAM, if anything ... upped matters.

It is as though the models are trying to realize, in the short term, the higher than normal 'upside' that's been a part of this thematic arc the whole way. We've been saying that this thing had room to become a juggernaut.

• Like 1