• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

It makes me wonder about something else- where in the US is the "easiest" market to be a TV met.  Maybe a place like San Diego? New England has to be a hell of a challenge.

there was a movie where a character was the san diego met and he just replayed a tape every day for the news hour.  Steve Martin was the actor

• Haha 1

I remember chasing to C MA for the 2013 event. Great event but S of me crushed. Then 2015 I head to RI and the goods go back to C MA

Each storm I chased I went to where the model consensus was for the best totals. You just never know. Last December I chased to Lewishburg PA and models kept bumping N.

I'm headed up there tomorrow with the girl. Can't wait! Haven't decided on a destination yet but it will likely be somewhere in SE MA.

I honestly think that I may have seen more snow fall at my location, wherever that is, then any person in the country. Guinness WW are you listening? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Bingo. I think Brian was forecast to get like 4-8" in Dec 2020.....38" later-

There was a fairly persistent modeled band across northern Merrimack County that went near and just north of me over to Brian.  That was in the models for a few days but didn't make the forecast.  I thought it was signal though, just like the low qpf spots that are often persistently modeled.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah now that we’re all honking, this would be a classic time for the Euro drop a turd in the punchbowl with one of those strung out convective lows.  

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Back when the servers were more iffy, threads that had over 50 or 100 pages started to strain them so we would close them and start new ones. I recall some events having 4 or 5 threads leading into it. 

would not mind seeing an old school 12Z Euro running thread...

2 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I remember chasing to C MA for the 2013 event. Great event but S of me crushed. Then 2015 I head to RI and the goods go back to C MA

Each storm I chased I went to where the model consensus was for the best totals. You just never know. Last December I chased to Lewishburg PA and models kept bumping N.

I'm headed up there tomorrow with the girl. Can't wait! Haven't decided on a destination yet but it will likely be somewhere in SE MA.

I honestly think that I may have seen more snow fall at my location, wherever that is, then any person in the country. Guinness WW are you listening? 

@40/70 Benchmarkoffered a room 

Our first call for the event which is now less than 36 hours away. We pulled the trigger on high amounts for many of the reasons that have been mentioned endlessly on here the last 1000 pages. The 18Z GFS caving was a push we wanted to see in the right direction but can't ignore some of the red flags. It's been a frustrating hair pulling last few days to say the least. We'll issue a final call tomorrow afternoon.

Been working on a brand-new graphics suite for the company. There wasn't anything wrong with the old maps, just wanted to do a fresh new and more modern look.

Connecticut

01_27.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_thurs_update.thumb.jpg.d3d6b4b0f330a42100ee4b9fef5c3d7a.jpg

Tri-state area & NWS watches

01_27.22_jdj_tri_state_snowfall_forecast_thurs_update.thumb.jpg.410e8b6076bfe3572cc3eb2c8f2ca8cd.jpg

01_27.22_ct_watch_warning_advisory_thurs_update.thumb.jpg.44f8eb6873727abc264395bcd16cb157.jpg

• Like 5