• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The 12k is pretty nice… but looks like we’d get pretty close To flirting with subsistence or a dry slot here if that happened 

There's going to be a gnarly one somewhere between you and I..pin the tail on the donkey. Just hope we are just outside of it. 

tbh I think it will be closer to me than you. The NAM is sub 960mb so I think its pushing the bands way NW. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The 12k is pretty nice… but looks like we’d get pretty close To flirting with subsistence or a dry slot here if that happened 

East of that BB warm front at 700 it's probably moderate precip with a few heavy bands, vs the big band of heavy snow west of H7 warm front.

I don't think a lot of people realize how unusually sensitive this forecast is to fairly small changes in the evolution.

The fact that all of the mesoscale models are way out there and the EPS distribution has grown quite a bit from 0z to 12z is a pretty big red flag.

I'd hedge toward a bigger solution but man there's a lot that's pretty weird about this one.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, CT Rain said:

I don't think a lot of people realize how unusually sensitive this forecast is to fairly small changes in the evolution.

The fact that all of the mesoscale models are way out there and the EPS distribution has grown quite a bit from 0z to 12z is a pretty big red flag.

I'd hedge toward a bigger solution but man there's a lot that's pretty weird about this one.

Look I hear you, and I hear Chris.

But on the other hand, Kevin says it's an easy forecast.

This is a real stumper.

• Haha 11

Just now, CT Rain said:

Generally, how have the meso models done with situations like this in your region? Do you see signs in any of them that this will tick back NW. Watching all of this from Kansas, as there's been nothing worth following out here since the big windstorm on December 15. 

• Like 1

Just now, CT Rain said:

Yeah, even moreso than normal. I get it.  I would have thought the mesos would be the one to wrap tis over my house, but the opposite is true.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The key was that curling that started to happen around 42h and it got rid of the dual low that 12z had....if you recall, 12z looked like it was going to be more insane than 06z at first, but then ended up a little less because of the dual low. This run shed that idea pretty quickly.

These small nuances are going to wreak havoc on the final sensible wx outcomes....

Agreed… I mentioned the same thing to Scott earlier in the day that it was pretty clear that dual low structure was robbing that run from its upper bounds. 

6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

It makes it worse that there really is no middle ground (at least back this way) it's either very low end or a total crush job.

19 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Button your pants Henry 

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

tucky tucky

16 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I'm a rear guy 

15 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

I've never weenied like this before

15 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Keeps tickling west and tucky

13 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Just swinging in the air