• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The euro ensembles having so much spread are definitely eye opening. Hopefully it’s not setting the stage for a rug pull to a gfs like solution 

It’s falling on deaf ears .  But it’s a issue that I hope goes away . That EPS was about as poor of a look as you could have for such a amazing OP crushing run . People want snow .

I would love for 18z Op to be within 25 miles of 12z but I think ..well...it’s set up to be entertaining . Hope Garbage GFS make a tickle left at 5pm

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not too worried about the EPS spread...the superior res of the OP should have a firm handle on this at day 2. There was also some decent split at times with respect to MLK, which never made a bit of difference, ultimately.

I agree we are past the time of ignoring the OP in favor of the ensembles. But I don't think we can say that there's still not high sensitivity to the timing of the capture

• Like 1

Just now, JC-CT said:

I agree we are past the time of ignoring the OP in favor of the ensembles. But I don't think we can say that there's still not high sensitivity to the timing of the capture

I'm not saying that there isn't high sensitivity, but I trust the OP at this range. I will say, I think that the JUNO rug got pulled out from NYC at like hr 24....but I'll take my chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s falling on deaf ears .  But it’s a issue that I hope goes away . That EPS was about as poor of a look as you could have for such a amazing OP crushing run . People want snow .

I would love for 18z Op to be within 25 miles of 12z but I think ..well...it’s set up to be entertaining . Hope Garbage GFS make a tickle left at 5pm

Yes, it’s easy to get gassed about op, but eps looking so poor def makes me pause. 70% chance of 6 or more inches is nothing to sneeze at, but it means 1/3 of the members are nothing burgers 

Just now, dan11295 said:

The storm isn't going to be that long of a duration. Meat of it is 9-12 hours. Going to be some high rates for sure, but without a bigger stall than implied don't get too crazy,

All you need is 12 hours in a storm like that.

And RE deaf ears...I hear it, understand, I'm just simply not as concerned as some others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Well--that might make the name all the more appropriate.  :)

For the purposes of the board though, regardless of what they call this, we should all refer to it as James.

Look, I love the sentiment, but I'd just rather be a little bit more confident that a large chunk of the subforum won't look back on this storm...unfondly.

12 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

The storm isn't going to be that long of a duration. Meat of it is 9-12 hours. Going to be some high rates for sure, but without a bigger stall than implied don't get too crazy,

Frb8/9,2013 our little city received 36” which mainly came down within 8-12 hours…

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

As mentioned the spread in the 12z EPS has only grown larger from 06z and 00z. Not really what you like to see this close to an event.

What surprised me was how many members have really ugly solutions. For example, 30% of members have <6" of snow for Boston. That's not an insignificant amount and it has increased from 00z.

As others have mentioned it looks like two clusters in the EPS, which could be increasing spread despite there only being two "right" answers. To me it looks like the EPS got a little worse aloft in the mean, so I would expect probabilities and whatnot to come down slightly.

26 minutes ago, dryslot said:

GYX just hoisted watches here, Must of liked the euro.

Or the day shift was only 50% confident you might get 6 inches. :lol:

• Thanks 1