• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

guess we'll see when the data goes into the models tonight from the atlantic mission.. I wonder if thats why the models were further west last night because they got the extra data from that mission and 12z didnt have any new data?

There was no Atlantic RECON yesterday, but there was in the E and C PAC.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I said I would wait to make a decision until 12z today, hopefully the Euro ticks back west....hope your map works for all of us. Biggest "storm" here so far is 7.5". It would be nice with all of this hype to at least top that, but we shall see.

I was going to wait until today but I felt pretty confident yesterday after the 12z suite. I'll admit some of the afternoon runs were certainly a little nerve-racking. But since then we have continued to see subtle changes in the positive direction at H5. While this hasn't been reflected at the surface (yet) on some models, models are often lagged with reflecting surface changes in response to H5 changes...but as stated there are surface features which could end up having a much larger impact (dual-low for example). As long as those continue I am highly confident we will get extremely heavy snow into much of Connecticut. It will not take much to pile up the snow given the ratios and degree of lift that will be associated with the band. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tunafish said:

Shutesbury on the line AGAIN

It's funny how there are certain locales that are always on the line on these maps no matter what kind of storm it is. Temp, trajectory, QPF... never matters. Always on the line. My place in MD is like that. I am frequently on 1, 2, or even 3 different Iines on DT maps. LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's funny how there are certain locales that are always on the line on these maps no matter what kind of storm it is. Temp, trajectory, QPF... never matters. Always on the line. My place in MD is like that. I am frequently on 1, 2, or even 3 different Iines on DT maps. LOL

He seems uniquely skilled at drawing cutoff lines through major cities/reporting stations in such a way that it both confuses and... raises verification scores.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’ll take my 6-12 and run. My biggest this season is 9” on 1/7, where I was forecast for 2-4” right up to the snow starting.  This is saying 6-12, if I can do a lil better than the 9” of 3 weeks ago, that would be cool, and I’d be happy. 

I think that’s a reasonable bar.