• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Yeah Reggie closes off just a little later/elongated, but it's a minor detail....it maybe just makes the difference between someone getting a 30 burger in banding vs 24.

These minor nuances are going to happen between now and go-time....but the larger picture with the shortwaves is very good on these 12z runs so far.

• Like 3

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah everything sliding away since 18z yesterday. Everyone sober and not high. If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands 

well maybe we just don't think it's accurate when you say that this will be a historic storm with 5' for everyone from florida to chicago to maine.

oh, you didn't actually say that? since when does that matter to you.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah Reggie closes off just a little later/elongated, but it's a minor detail....it maybe just makes the difference between someone getting a 30 burger in banding vs 24.

These minor nuances are going to happen between now and go-time....but the larger picture with the shortwaves is very good on these 12z runs so far.

There is zero concern out east. It's only a matter of 18" vs 24-30", if that is actually a concern for some. The ones out on the w and nw edge is where the small nuances and wobbles will result in 4" of dust or 8-12" of fluff. 

27 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Had bad experience last wknd with some gummies. Took a 10mg gummie before bed thinking it would help me relax and sleep. No can do. Every time I'd shut my eyes, racing images would be going through my head. Had to open my eyes and stare at ceiling to make it stop. Duh, TCH kicking in. That was fine, until heart started racing (maybe 140bpm) for 2-3 hrs. Finally fell asleep around 2am. I was a bit panicked, but settled down and told myself I wouldn't die. 10mgs awhile back never did that, so no sure. Don't think I want to even try anymore. Juts stick to wine and beer.

I get the exact same reaction.  2 hours of hell. Make your own tea from passion flower, lemon balm, lavender, and valerian root.  Out cold in 20 minutes.  Nature's benzo.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Barely…. But a good part of the cape is threatened. On second glance the Coast I think will be OK as long as nothing drastic happens.

D95C5904-486D-4544-8D67-43A89C867B77.jpeg

The Cape is always "threatened".  It's right next to the ocean thats not frozen.  That's as much "accumulated snowfall" you'll see over the ocean on any storm.  The fact that it shows snow over the ocean means mixing most likely not going to be an issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There is zero concern out east. It's only a matter of 18" vs 24-30", if that is actually a concern for some. The ones out on the w and nw edge is where the small nuances and wobbles will result in 4" of dust or 8-12" of fluff. 

What is your definition of out East? River east?

8 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

I get the exact same reaction.  2 hours of hell. Make your own tea from passion flower, lemon balm, lavender, and valerian root.  Out cold in 20 minutes.  Nature's benzo.  

I find a good kava kava product far and away the most relaxing (while not dulling ability to concentrate if someone wants to ), don’t use it anymore but JUst chiming In..just by itself in a solid dose and good kavacatone quality . Those others I  find sorta weak as anxiolytics . Also the Pacific Islanders  love to mix it With rum for ...fun And have for centuries .

36 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Had bad experience last wknd with some gummies. Took a 10mg gummie before bed thinking it would help me relax and sleep. No can do. Every time I'd shut my eyes, racing images would be going through my head. Had to open my eyes and stare at ceiling to make it stop. Duh, TCH kicking in. That was fine, until heart started racing (maybe 140bpm) for 2-3 hrs. Finally fell asleep around 2am. I was a bit panicked, but settled down and told myself I wouldn't die. 10mgs awhile back never did that, so no sure. Don't think I want to even try anymore. Juts stick to wine and beer.

Illicit Drugs are not good man. Many stories of weed , gummies etc causing terrible issues Stick with beers.. specifically IPA’s and DIPA’s. Simply the best 

• Weenie 3

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I find a good kava kava product far and away the most relaxing over those just by itself in a solid dose and good kavacatone quality and the Pacific Islanders love to mix it for ...fun . 

No doubt re: kava.  But I'm a bit concerned with kava and liver effects with regular use.  

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Experts in climate change have suggested the increase in frequency in monstrous east coast snowstorms. Once in a millennium event this time might be unlikely but what is insane is that it’s a possibility this time in the first place.

Wait, are you the "Nantucket totaling 1" all Winter because of CC" guy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Experts in climate change have suggested the increase in frequency in monstrous east coast snowstorms. Once in a millennium event this time might be unlikely but what is insane is that it’s a possibility this time in the first place.

We have no clue if there was a 960 low on the benchmark 1000 years ago…stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1