• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, msg112469 said:

There hasn't been much talk about the winds during the past 6-9 hours. Aside for the heavy snow amounts, the wind should be the focus with this one. No?

You are describing a james-shaped hole here constituting about a hundred mentions of  the wind and the word blizzard. Rip.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

You are describing a james-shaped hole here constituting about a hundred mentions of  the wind and the word blizzard. Rip.

Maybe. I got up this morning and looked back around 8-10 pages and nothing. It's fine. I got an actual "real" answer from two other people in the forum. Before you decided to chime in. Thanks again. Lol!

1 minute ago, msg112469 said:

Maybe. I got up this morning and looked back around 8-10 pages and nothing. It's fine. I got an actual "real" answer from two other people in the forum. Before you decided to chime in. Thanks again. Lol!

I think you are misunderstanding.

Anyhow. Yes. Many of these depictions are a blizzard in a few coastal places. Some could be a blizzard with some coastal flooding.

"This storm is likely to strengthen at a rate, and to an intensity, equivalent to only the most powerful hurricanes, so the high-end potential of this storm cannot be overstated. But with nor'easters, like in real estate, it will all come down to location, location, location," CNN meteorologist Brandon Miller said.

Where does CNN get these guys? :blink:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was just shocked at all the posters and even some good Mets bailing and going with the whiff scenario. We’ve all been here so many years and know how these work . This is coming full throttle 

Yup. Too much emotion. They need to trust their gut based on years of experience.

Just now, NotSureWeather said:

"This storm is likely to strengthen at a rate, and to an intensity, equivalent to only the most powerful hurricanes, so the high-end potential of this storm cannot be overstated. But with nor'easters, like in real estate, it will all come down to location, location, location," CNN meteorologist Brandon Miller said.

:facepalm:

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Just a shade east of 00z with the goods down in SNE. But we’re talking like 10 miles. Up in Maine it was actually NW of 00z. 

Ten miles isn’t a big deal but for parts of CT we’re pretty sensitive to the slight shifts. I know the WOR crew would like to hang onto overnight’s “gains”. 

1 minute ago, NotSureWeather said:

There you go. A good end of earth reference. That's what I was looking for. LMAO!

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Ten miles isn’t a big deal but for parts of CT we’re pretty sensitive to the slight shifts. I know the WOR crew would like to hang onto overnight’s “gains”. 

My guess is we stabilize here, then tickle west little by little tomorrow as this thing blows up. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

:axe: 

• Haha 1