• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, PhineasC said:

why are the weather models so bad

Not sure why they are struggling so bad with this system. The longwave trough really looks pretty similar on all guidance and even the handling of the shortwaves isn’t far off now. 

This has definitely been a pretty schizophrenic 24 hours…esp considering yesterday it really seemed like we were honing in on a solution. 

• Like 3

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Not sure why they are struggling so bad with this system. The longwave trough really looks pretty similar on all guidance and even the handling of the shortwaves isn’t far off now. 

This has definitely been a pretty schizophrenic 24 hours…esp considering yesterday it really seemed like we were honing in on a solution. 

We may be getting there now.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Do you realize all it has to do is tic west to look like them?

Its hardly east of them at all now...

I do realize that. I still think the heavier omega will be east and the orientation will be only a little different than what you have there in your forecast map. However, I don't think this Feb 13 or Jan 15 all over again exactly. I will admit where you have that band is somewhat aggressive. Everything would need to come together just right for it to pan out like that, but we'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg said:

I do realize that. I still think the heavier omega will be east and the orientation will be only a little different than what you have there in your forecast map. However, I don't think this Feb 13 or Jan 15 all over again exactly. I will admit where you have that band is somewhat aggressive. Everything would need to come together just right for it to pan out like that, but we'll see.

It was aggressive at the time, this afternoon, but its seems like many OCMs are going to need to play catchup because that is where this is headed back to.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Already a good start on the euro through 30 hours. The TPV lifting out quicker than 18z and both northern and southern stream out west look better. I assume that trifecta should lead this to come west at least a little. 

Maybe a tic or so but at least hold serve.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If it does then we’re back in business out here with potentially tickling the pivot point. Sometimes…you just have to let the frustrations propagate down to the finger tips, then step away for a bit. Come back recharged with a clear head.

Been there a million times, just bustn'. I melt with the best of them.