• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, cleetussnow said:

Best comment.  One of these models is profoundly wrong.  I would be surprised if its the Euro, but the GFS has been relatively steadfast.  

It's been posted a few times that GFS is having a tough couple of weeks vs the Euro even on mundane 500mb verification in the northern hemisphere domain. GFS has been consistent - we've also seen it cave to the consensus many times on the coastals at the last minute.

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Idk if the Ukie will cave right away. Hopefully it trends better though. 

But if Euro holds or improves the GFS will go down in flames and likely make massive adjustments tomorrow.

I don't want anyone to break their necks but the ukie is out on that awful French site and it looks to be a bm track but I have really hard time looking at it.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Idk if the Ukie will cave right away. Hopefully it trends better though. 

But if Euro holds or improves the GFS will go down in flames and likely make massive adjustments tomorrow.

The GFS usually holds out til the final 30-36 in cases where its struggling with an East Coast storm...I expect you don't see any major moves til tomorrow

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know we joke on this stuff but if we look at it in a vacuum (hide the name), why not give more weight to the model who’s been the most consistent, or at the very least…one of the most consistent. 

it's been more consistent in outcome than how it's gotten there

20 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

979 right on the benchmark.

Crawls up the arm of the cape over six hours pretty much S+ To S++ the whole time over the eastern half of southern New England, while it’s impossible not to get 50 mph wind gusts. 

I mean you can’t bum that description because the model is bunning itself. Interesting 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Crawls up the arm of the cape over six hours pretty much S+ the S++ the whole time over the eastern half of southern New England, while it’s impossible not to get 50 mph wind gusts. 

I mean you can’t bum that description because the model is bunning itself. Interesting 

from there it hugs the coastline the entire way to canada.