• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Have you ever seen the models be at such odds like this ( and the back and forth ) 3 days before a storm?

Yes but this is definitely more uncertain than most.

The 10th/90th percentile NWS forecasts tell the story well with 0" to 18" in Hartford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

To be fair, I abandoned after 12z so I was the first to go and I’m proud of it.

I was going to give up after 12z tomorrow....so there is still time. Although I was pretty much dangling by a thread after the 18z GEFS. Let's do this, Reggie has some nice banding out here

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

A worthy goal for sure. I go back and forth. Drink too much and then go dry for a while. Rinse and repeat.

I was not an alcohol guy for the majority of my life... save for 18 months in the late 2010s when I got alcoholic. If I dont treat my ADHD I become very vulnerable to alcohol and anything. But treating it, I am able to lightly imbibe very infrequently without getting pulled in because I dont have the same affinity for it.

18 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Have you ever seen the models be at such odds like this ( and the back and forth ) 3 days before a storm?

Oh yeah this happens all the time especially with big ones. The Dec 2020 storm was way south and crushed DC like 3 days out, and then the low moved like 500 miles NW, NYC went from being on the NW edge to mixing with sleet after like 10 inches of snow. My area ended up with around 15, and NNE really got hammered, I remember areas in NNE were forecast like 2-4 THE DAY BEFORE the storm and got 40 inches. It’s usually not that extreme, but big changes happen even in the short range. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1