• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Very happy to see some improved look within the upper-levels. That's what really matters most at this stage. I would have hedged a bit west based on the evolution and I would at least think much more QPF thrown west. If 18z GEFS have more west than east members not really going to sweat much.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys should not ignore the PV in Canada also pressing south. That is having an effect.

That is starting to become a serious problem. I noted it a couple days ago when I mentioned the trough was starting to get a little “pinched” at the top. Now it’s threatening to really screw this up.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That is starting to become a serious problem. I noted it a couple days ago when I mentioned the trough was starting to get a little “pinched” at the top. Now it’s threatening to really screw this up.  

I wonder if the ensemble sensitivity shifts from the NS sw to the PV pressing down.  What drives the pressing down of the PV?  Is it something over the North Atlantic?

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’ll say this, anyone who says they are not concerned about what we just saw at 18z is a liar.

Define concern.  My only worry is I’ll have to backtrack to my non wx friends tomorrow but otherwise yeah it would be great if it hits but if not my life is easier actually 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

seems this is the problem thats why I would wait a few more runs.. Thats why im wondering if its in a dead zone right now and models arent sure how to handle it..