• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I've seen biggies leave at this stage before, that said, NAM likely will not happen. That seems classic, only to correct a bit at 00z.

This is also why tracking these threats for 2 weeks is ultimately a losing game.

Its totally conceivable at this lead that models bail on the threat, and it’s really not even bad model performance 

• Like 2

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is also why tracking these threats for 2 weeks is ultimately a losing game.

Its totally conceivable at this lead that models bail on the threat, and it’s really not even bad model performance 

This is why I said wait until this aftn. And of course, now the waters got muddy.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I think this is Wiz's first winter melt.  Welcome to the club.

Not just them.  A whole bunch of people will.  Lots of 'boy who cried wolf' scenarios.

I really won't be surprised this is a whiff. Between piss poor models and days of hyping and the general crappy snow tenor of this winter so far, I just kinda laugh at this point. Just bring the cutter and 50F and pull the damn band aid off already. The cold has been nice and I'll give Jan an A- in that dept.

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I've seen biggies leave at this stage before, that said, NAM likely will not happen. That seems classic, only to correct a bit at 00z.

Ya, even if this whiffed for most, it certainly would not be an unprecedented fail.  It happens when you start tracking hypothetical storm scenarios a week in advance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the RGEM actually looks improved with both the southern and northern vorts, as it progresses the S piece faster and it has the N piece more meridionally oriented. would lead to a cleaner phase

didn't translate to the surface, but that's not very important

1597835629_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).thumb.gif.dc54a8372443029f3a69a398990ea895.gif

I will be in a plane Saturday and let you know how it is working out at 5K. :)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Wait wait wait Waaaait.  

You guys have been hyping this up to be like the grand puba's of 2005, 2013, 2015.... and I NEED TO GET HOME.....

And I'm projected to be 9"-16"????  With confidence Getting Lower by the run?  Baaahahaha.  OK.  I'll be in LA.  

Your neck must hurt from the whiplash 

One of the biggest problems is the fact that NAM/ICON are early especially when NAM is on clown range.  People react (including me).   A world about long tracking-I enjoy it immensely storm or no storm.  If your emotions can’t handle the possibility of losing it you may want to stay out of it.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Wait wait wait Waaaait.  

You guys have been hyping this up to be like the grand puba's of 2005, 2013, 2015.... and I NEED TO GET HOME.....

And I'm projected to be 9"-16"????  With confidence Getting Lower by the run?  Baaahahaha.  OK.  I'll be in LA.  

Thanks for locking in a KU for us by staying in LA :lol:

• Weenie 1