• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

Further than that because southern nee haven county is considered yankee still. We are rarely blacked out for the yanks in favor of the Sox… 

Sox fan here. I have always sort of felt more of the 'tri-state' vibe than a New England vibe here near Bridgeport.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

If this ends up going east that's going to be absolute, total, 100000% cringe-worthy bull****. It will be catastrophic garbage. Only positive is all this time spent on this means time closer to May 1st. but this is bull****

I think this is Wiz's first winter melt.  Welcome to the club.

8 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

It the NAM scenario holds for the rest of the suite, TWC is also going to have a lot of egg on their face after hyping this all day today.

Not just them.  A whole bunch of people will.  Lots of 'boy who cried wolf' scenarios.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2022/01/first-call-for-potential-weekend.html

Took a lot of balls for me to hedge this strongly right now, but 'alas....

FIRST CALL.png

Ray.. I think that map is perfect .. and likely very close to final reality . Rare we agree . Do ce do your partners 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2022/01/first-call-for-potential-weekend.html

Took a lot of balls for me to hedge this strongly right now, but 'alas....

FIRST CALL.png

Great stuff and write-up Ray (as per the usual). We share the same thinking for the most part.

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Bruins play at 10:00 tonight...all the reason to stay up for the NAM/GFS...or try too. I miss the days of staying up for the 0z runs

I stopped doing that years ago-need my sleep-just log on here first thing in the morning and read 5 posts and that's enough to tell where it's going lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Me too for my non weenie friends.   I’m a little reluctant to make any changes until the full 0z runs.

Same. A number of coworkers/friends/family counting on my forecasts.

For now, we hold.

Some are too quick to forget: 12z NAM 6 hrs ago was a huge hit. 12z Euro/GFS (more reliable than NAM at this range) were big hits for SNE. No overreactions and we wait at least until 0z for more clarity.

13 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Imagine if non-weather people could just observe us over the last 3 days

Usually I say it in response to something my wife has done, but it holds up well here.  "If aliens came to Earth and saw us doing this, what would they think?  For sure, they'd turn around."

10 minutes ago, cut said:

Sox fan here. I have always sort of felt more of the 'tri-state' vibe than a New England vibe here near Bridgeport.

For sure.  You can jump a train in the 'Port and be in the city in 35 minutes.  To Boston, probably takes 2.5 hours.  That's one of the main drivers of a demographic's metro allegiance. 

• Like 1