• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Euro started with that to a much lesser extent also. 

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

:poster_stupid:

It's hard with the 84 hour NAM because there is nothing to compare it to, but that's why I'm more interested in what the upper levels are doing. The MSLP will chase convection from time to time, but if the fundamental upper level support is there I don't worry as much about QPF even if the QPF is bad on that particular run. The Euro for instance did go east with the 700 mb low, but not enough to cause me heartburn. I would imagine that is similarly true of the NAM, we just can't prove it.

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Agreed ...but ..What should we rely on 

At this point, for me at any rate, the ensembles, the globals, a knowledge of meteorology, and the wisdom of others who know more than I do.  This is all pretty easy for me to say as I have almost always been on the fringe of this with the exception of a few runs which would dump on me.

3 minutes ago, cut said:

RT 25 is actually where MLB considers the division between Yanks territory and Sawx territory when it comes to broadcast policy and blackouts.

That's interesting. But even east out to New Haven, I think you're probably 50/50 in terms of fan base.  That's just my anecdotal experience.