• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

13 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

it is slowly slowing down probably enough for me to get in noon or 1pm Saturday.  fingers crossed.  777 coming into Logan has a shot if they clear the runway.  Wind shouldn't be a problem then.  I guess the capture is everything for us northern folks.

That has been the key, But also the track being more east-west if it doesn't for here back to you Brian and Phinn, Where this closes off and where it track once that happens, How far east  before it does, Is crucial for something more then pedestrian, We just keep monitoring for now, Still a lot of time left.

NeverMind my last question it’s the same thing.

I DONT actually think this is gonna go away. I think it’s waffling.

If the EURO reflects the CMC trend then I will begin to be bothered.

And news outlets are running amok with this thing. I’ve never heard CNN come out and say, “well yesterday we really thought a bomb cyclone was gonna happen but now we don’t think so”. I’m sure it’s happened but I don’t remember it. 

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Pretty sure your right but we'll see how todays runs go.  Just want to keep some positive vibes going to the storm cancels going on.

My apologies if I sound like I am cancelling the storm because I'm not. I'm just cancelling any hope for a KU for WOR, that's all. I believe the last 18+ event for WOR was Feb13. Mar18 may of had a weenie band for extreme WCT that dropped 20" for select locals but WOR as a hole which includes Hippy and the CMA/WMA crew....was Feb13. And let's be honest here, if EMA hasn't seen an 18+ event in 8yrs, there would be an endless amount of keyboard slamming, amongst other damages. 

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Nothing wrong with it.

I think the issue lies in people who want historic (EURO and NAM) vs. people who just want a snow event (everything else).

Many areas to your north and east needed this storm to be excellent to salvage any type of respectable winter.  it's quickly slipping away into a pedestrian /moderate type deal.  Had the winter been "normal" around here and other areas, people wouldn't care as much.

18 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

This has been a hugely successful storm

thread.

Look at all those pages!

from inception, the number of days between when this thread started and the storm will exceed the duration of the snowpack from the storm for many.  50s plus next week.  

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

My apologies if I sound like I am cancelling the storm because I'm not. I'm just cancelling any hope for a KU for WOR, that's all. I believe the last 18+ event for WOR was Feb13. Mar18 may of had a weenie band for extreme WCT that dropped 20" for select locals but WOR as a hole which includes Hippy and the CMA/WMA crew....was Feb13. And let's be honest here, if EMA hasn't seen an 18+ event in 8yrs, there would be an endless amount of keyboard slamming. 

I think it's a premature cancel, even if the Euro does move east. Sometimes these things all take in incomplete data that skew that output the same way, only to all correct the same way in a following cycle. It's still 84 hours out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2