• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Some of the output running the grids is spitting out 4ft amounts in EMA running here at ROOSTA Central Command. I find it hard to believe. The clown of clown maps thus not posting. Is it possible, it's happened before so sure it's possible? I'll start believing when in mid-event.
Tough first call. Go high or go home, start at 2' (conservative) then go up from there.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 5

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I am writing now....

same!

just have to fill in some blanks after the full 12z suite (which for me is NAM, GFS, Euro...I don't care about any of these other models which I know is bad on my part). I already have an idea for snow map but given the magnitude I don't want to put it to paper yet until all 12z but I am certainly thinking 18-24'' for at least CT River East. 

Can't really do much with banding/subsidence until probably Friday. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

That is an amazing run...it is still absolutely hammering over NE at 84h too...that stall spot is pretty ideal.

Sure is!  It's basically impeccable in that regard, +1 

I mean we've seen damn close to impeccable placements in the past.  They're like.. 92, 95th %tile and so forth.  But this?  It's 99 or for lack of better phrasing, it's over the threshold where it really matters. We could probably dink that in situ, and still come up way over climo for coastal snows. 

If that were not enough the "+1" addition is that in those other cases, they were not 966 mb lows! wtf ...That absolutely astounding.

I was just looking at that relays of the 500 mb with the 300 mb, and if anything, the QPF may be too skimpy out near Orange Ma to Brian axis.. I think the hidden best call about this whole week's worth of guidance ob surfing, is that this has so much upside potential. These runs occasionally dip into the well - we get a 18" of snow, that is for all intents and purposes, still "blizzarding" at the end of the run. I don't see much evidence in this NAM solution that this thing is tapering off right away after that...Looking aloft, that's going to collocate and take propably another 6 to 9 hours end that.  That's probably good for another 8"...

I dunno...

• Like 1