• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

LBSW (Kuchie, so adjust accordingly.)

kuchie.png

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

LBSW (Kuchie, so adjust accordingly.)

kuchie.png

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Kuchie should be banned

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Euro went back to a little more of a LBSW look.

Still pounding look at my and Scotts maps with 3 hr precip and 7h. This is a Johnny Holmes load

• Haha 3

While you guys up in SNE can cash in regardless of early track the euro is really the only model showing this type of snow down here in Philly. I would urge caution right now with it. Early on in the run it looked like it was going to actually tick east. It held back more energy. It has caved towards other modeling many times this year, and for some reason during its off runs it seems to double down before doing so. 

You guys should do damn good regardless though. Even eastern adjustment SNE would crush it still

• Like 2

Just now, Heisy said:

While you guys up in SNE can cash in regardless of early track the euro is really the only model showing this type of snow down here in Philly. I would urge caution right now with it. Early on in the run it looked like it was going to actually tick east. It held back more energy. It has caved towards other modeling many times this year, and for some reason during its off runs it seems to double down before doing so. 

You guys should do damn good regardless though. Even eastern adjustment SNE would crush it still

I would def. sell that early of a capture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Still pounding look at my and Scotts maps with 3 hr precip and 7h. This is a Johnny Holmes load

THIS is what TIP was alluding to. HISTORIC.

Unfortunately EURO is the only model showing something historic.

Let's see if we can get any other model to match.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

If this doesn't surge your adrenaline if you are a purest SNE winter wx geek, well you need a new hobby. Ginx gone wild? You bet your sweet arse. 

index (7).png

index (8).png

index (9).png

index (10).png

index (11).png

index (12).png

Those maps are 7 PM Saturday. According to the euro the low is still south of Ack stalled so there’s a good bit more to go particularly central, North

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

NOT being argumentative, just trying to learn.

What would keep it from capturing that far south?

I'm just going on past experience....guidance in general, especially the EURO, tend to stall/capture these systems a bit too aggressively. But full disclosure...its just a hedge on my part. No scientific reason why that can't happen, especially since this is more of a Miller A.

JMHO, capture will tic later and a bit more progreessive.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Definitely a bit of LBSW on that euro

DISCLAIMER: I am not complaining, it would still be a great storm.

Yup and Everyone wins (plus would be a media frenzy which we love)

Nothing better than watching TWC as the snow starts to fall on each city south of us knowing it was heading our way.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Those maps are 7 PM Saturday. According to the euro the low is still south of Ack stalled so there’s a good bit more to go particularly central, North

Yes sir depending on movement and eventually occlusion.  Plus deform bands away in qpf queens. We literally are talking 2 days away from the demons birth. Lol