• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

At least the GFS came back a tick?

I'm just saying, at that track...banding isnt going to save the megalopolis from missing out on the huge totals. Might save Ginx and ORH. It would have to verify west of the 6z GFS, which it very well might. But that track was shit for western new england.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

My guess is that euro and gfs meet, maybe gfs closer to euro. I’m more interested to see if things slow down, because I got a sense the opposite has happened. Might not slow down as much. 

Yeah I’m betting against the big capture scenario at the moment but we’ll see. My guess is it tries to sort of capture but it keeps ticking along. I was hoping for an 8-12 hour stall job in the middle of the storm but guidance is starting to move away from that idea. 

5 minutes ago, cut said:

If I remember correctly(and I may not) Feb 2013 had the big totals off to my east. We wound up with 33” here and we were near he top end of accumulations here in Trumbull.

I remember that vividly that Friday morning forecasts cut back for WoR in CT to a general 10-15” I think, we know how  that ended over 2’ later 

• Like 2

Just now, JC-CT said:

I'm just saying, at that track...banding isnt going to save the megalopolis from missing out on the huge totals. Might save Ginx and ORH. It would have to verify west of the 6z GFS, which it very well might. But that track was shit for western new england.

Agreed. 

Went to bed with Tip's "historic" quote and woke up to an obvious trend.

I love our ENE friends getting the band, but even if someone gets 75 inches on CC I don't consider that a historic storm overall.

What EURO was showing yesterday was historic.

7 minutes ago, cut said:

If I remember correctly(and I may not) Feb 2013 had the big totals off to my east. We wound up with 33” here and we were near he top end of accumulations here in Trumbull.

Yes they did. The Euro was steady and the GFS was… well the gfs. Always biased east on snowstorms. Noones ever been able to explain why 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m betting against the big capture scenario at the moment but we’ll see. My guess is it tries to sort of capture but it keeps ticking along. I was hoping for an 8-12 hour stall job in the middle of the storm but guidance is starting to move away from that idea. 

Doesn't it just occlude anyways at that point ? 2 inches plus qpf as it is in max zones . How much more would be added? 

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Ray promised me 3ft and emphatically with a .Period. Locked. Lol

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It always does this, wish it wouldn't show it in first place

4 hours ago, Henry's Weather said:

Please don't worry about that, I've been on the thread for years

As someone who turns 21 in April I thought I was the youngest member of the board for a long time... I've never felt so old

Excited to track this (hopefully a) monster with you all! 

• Like 1