• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just catching up on euro and 06z guidance. Definite overall tick east…though it was good to see 06z GFS tick west. Hopefully that means we’re narrowing the goalposts a bit more. 

Some of the banding sigs are incredible with this system. There are going to be 3-4” per hour bands in this if it looks like that at go-time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

WOR....STOP WORRYING.

You have margin for error on that map, and keep in mind...I agree east kicks are still likely, but model QPF is NOT going to capture the full extent of that deformation, so its not far enough west to begin with. NVM that this has so much s stream origin.

This is NOT Juno....this is NOT March 2018.....this is on another level as far as regional impact, though probably similar east.

This will be the most severe regional impactor in 9 years-

Period.

I said this yesterday (or was it two or three days ago? :lol:) Those clown maps are just a guide and rarely get the distribution of where banding is etc. correct. People need to focus on the track, strength and upper air more than those stupid clown maps. I agree this is going to be very impactful region wide. This type of storm always has a larger feel anyway even if you "only" get 6 inches

Most are looking at the surface off the east coast, but the trend at H5 on the GFS is fantastic, with the trough orientation trending negative, sooner and better alignment/phasing between northern and southern streams. I say keep this trend going and worry much less about UL heights off the east coast in a situation such as this where there is no blocking. Guidance notoriously under-amplifies UL heights downstream of a potent shortwave. I’ll take that risk any day over UL trough orientation/position. The latter is much more important at this stage.

gfs_z500_mslp_us_fh72_trend.gif

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

All guidance looks pretty good here… hard to find anything to complain about. Nothing is less than 12+ here 

Yeah--you're sitting comfortably.  I'm feeling pretty comfortable at the Pike/495, but the GFS does give me a little pause.  Hopefully 12z will remove doubt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think CT is in the cross hairs 

If I remember correctly(and I may not) Feb 2013 had the big totals off to my east. We wound up with 33” here and we were near he top end of accumulations here in Trumbull.

32 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just catching up on euro and 06z guidance. Definite overall tick east…though it was good to see 06z GFS tick west. Hopefully that means we’re narrowing the goalposts a bit more. 

Some of the banding sigs are incredible with this system. There are going to be 3-4” per hour bands in this if it looks like that at go-time. 

RGEM west? What else East?