• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

WOR....STOP WORRYING.

You have margin for error on that map, and keep in mind...I agree east kicks are still likely, but model QPF is NOT going to capture the full extent of that deformation, so its not far enough west to begin with. NVM that this has so much s stream origin.

This is NOT Juno....this is NOT March 2018.....this is on another level as far as regional impact, though probably similar east.

This will be the most severe regional impactor in 9 years-

Period.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Not to get carried away, but it seems like we might have a 12 hour window of heavy heavy precip, bookended by 6 hour periods of moderate precip. It's not everyday that you get that. In fact, it's not even most days.

Feb 1-3 2021 was a solid 24 hour event in CT, a solid daytime one too. probably one of the best snow storms of my life, checked all the boxes

• Like 1

This is an Absurdly Difficult Call.  

I would be pissing off about 40 different people in about 5 different friend groups, miss a Recording, miss a $1000 private gig, basically not get money back for the early returned rental car, Miss Sledding in the Snow at Mt. Whitney up Rte. 2 in LA, and Miss about 7 flipping meetings.  

Again.  Unless I'm 90% GUARANTEED 24", I can Not do this.  

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 3

This is nuts, it's gonna be one of the big ones. It's been a while, since I don't consider March 2018 to be a bona-fide blizzard. And during the day?? What a thought. Perhaps it's a tad early, but it seems like my area makes out like a bandit on both extremes of the model envelope, so I'm substantially less neurotic about these next 3 days than would seem "warranted"

17 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

This is an Absurdly Difficult Call.  

I would be pissing off about 40 different people in about 5 different friend groups, miss a Recording, miss a $1000 private gig, basically not get money back for the early returned rental car, Miss Sledding in the Snow at Mt. Whitney up Rte. 2 in LA, and Miss about 7 flipping meetings.  

Again.  Unless I'm 90% GUARANTEED 24", I can Not do this.  

You aren't going to have a 90% guarantee of 24"+ even with a perfect track.  Too much uncertainty in where banding will set up to predict who gets 24"+ with that level of precision.

I salute you for even considering pissing that many people off to chase a snow storm. :weenie: