• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

March 4-6 2003 was the best example.  I saw 32 in Methuen.  Vday 2007, 38.   We only got 24 for 1993 superstorm in Stowe.  But it came in 12 hours.  That 32 in Methuen was the most I had ever seen in a single storm until vday 2007.   But I had multiple 18-28 during the 3 years in methuen, north and weest of 495 was in the ****ing zone.  Vinateri kicking in 2001, so much snow that year,  

Methuen, MA did not get 38" on Valentine's day 2007.

That is patently false and inaccurate.

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Comforting thing for me is even the UK would get deformation here, but is probably wrong IMO.

Maybe the other comfort: compared to western SNE or NNE, you're not on the edge in any of the different scenarios currently depicted.

Let's get a good Euro run here...

One thing I have in the back of my mind ....I have seen others mention this, is that these models are NOT going to launch these deformation zones far enough west. I remember vividly...in the lead up to March 14, 2018....model QPF was killing PYM, and I was near the edge of the good stuff. Then, in the wee hours of the morning.....it began as rain where I was in Wilmington, and I swear, I was out in my driveway at 3am looking for a football to spike bc I knew that meant.

31" later.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Methuen, MA did not get 38" on Valentine's day 2007.

That is patently false and inaccurate.

Sorry that wasnt clear,  i was talking about the biggest storms I've personally seen, Methuen was 32 inches March 4-6 2001, Vday was Stowe vt 38 inches (Not the mountain).,  

• Thanks 1

Just now, dmcginvt said:

Sorry that wasnt clear,  i was talking about the biggest storms I've personally seen, Methuen was 32 inches March 4-6 2001, Vday was Stowe vt 38 inches (Not the mountain).,  

OOOOOHHH.....haha That makes perfect sense.

Gotcha.

Yea, I know this is a decent spot, I just moved here for a bad stretch.

Hopefully that ends in about 72 hours-

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My favorited AFD ever was the one from DRAG on Sunday evening, March 4, 2001. Never forget reading that after i got home from my part time shift at MB

Off topic: did they have dine-in stuff at MB back then? One of the best parts of moving to the suburbs is realizing the sheer epicosity of grocery store dine-in. Made by real chefs cheap, delicious, and quick. I get a slice of cheese, which is a quarter of a pie, for $2.38. And its delicious

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

Off topic: did they have dine-in stuff at MB back then? One of the best parts of moving to the suburbs is realizing the sheer epicosity of grocery store dine-in. Made by real chefs cheap, delicious, and quick. I get a slice of cheese, which is a quarter of a pie, for $2.38. And its delicious

No, just the DELI back then.....they started to ramp up with that stuff like 2004ish....selling pizza and such.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Look in here for your pics from Don. What was your name on NE.WEATHER.  I was GinxSRIWX

http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photoindex.html

Thanks, my photos were the bottom 2 here http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photomarch2001.html and I know I had many more also Im dave mcguriman mentioned on that page.  man, my name on ne.weather was probably my name there also there was no security care then, although I know I started as [email protected] in like 95.  Silly aol!  I used to enjoy tq's forecasting snowfall contests.  I remember some kid from albany who had a magical local knowledge of snowfall who's every word i followed back then, and he turned out to be powderfreak and still gives the best local forecast of anyone I know.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmcginvt said:

Thanks, my photos were the bottom 2 here http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photomarch2001.html and I know I had many more also Im dave mcguriman mentioned on that page.  man, my name on ne.weather was probably my name there also there was no security care then, although I know I started as [email protected] in like 95.  Silly aol!  I used to enjoy tq's forecasting snowfall contests.  I remember some kid from albany who had a magical local knowledge of snowfall who's every word i followed back then, and he turned out to be powderfreak and still gives the best local forecast of anyone I know.  

I won TQs contest on a couple of storms. Don S was the best

• Like 1

OK, guys, I'm in LA right now with gigs tomorrow tomorrow night and a private one on Saturday, so I need to start thinking.....

THE GRAND QUESTION......  

Do I Change My Trip and Come Home??  I just heard about this storm hours ago...  If I'm likely to get 18"+ I'll do it.  Less than 18 I'll have to miss it.   

I can probably just book a flight Friday night on SW now and cancel late since I don't lose the money.   BUT is getting in mid-day Friday too late?  

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

OK, guys, I'm in LA right now with gigs tomorrow tomorrow night and a private one on Saturday, so I need to start thinking.....

THE GRAND QUESTION......  

Do I Change My Trip and Come Home??  I just heard about this storm hours ago...  If I'm likely to get 18"+ I'll do it.  Less than 18 I'll have to miss it.   

I can probably just book a flight Friday night on SW now and cancel late since I don't lose the money.   BUT is getting in mid-day Friday too late?  

NO. Get home