• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

I feel like it’s a situation of the models teasing the bears.

And for awhile I might get paranoid that somehow it’s my fault the models are doing that because it seems a lot like what I’ve been actually accusing them of doing…

until that part where I actually really get mad myself when that happens because I like 40 inch snowstorms. 

one could argue that if it only snows over the ocean it will save some lives on the land, but all that means is that other people will get killed out on the roads who would otherwise have not been there if there was 40 inches of snow, people that are not the same people that would have gotten killed by 40 inches of snow.

• Confused 2

So far 0z suite trends:

GFS east, still solid hit for eSNE

GGEM west, huge hit for all of New England

NAM: looks to be in west camp, might even jack NJ/NY/CT/eSNE area

ICON: west

UK: very east, the worst run in days

We won't get much certainty tonight, but will be nice to see Euro hold

• Like 2

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

What a classic I-95 corridor, big city snowstorm on the EPS.  50-member mean just smoking the coastal plain and high population areas from PHL to NYC to HFD to PVD to ORH to BOS to PWM.  Just a classic big deal impact axis there.  KU style and high population areas affected.

ik

And us NNE;s don't care because we just nickel and dime our way to way more snow in the long run, seems like the trend is se new endgland nirvana, but I'm hoping for one of those 2-4, 3-6, 4-8 then suddenly its 10-20 all within 24 hours with the euro being right and the gfs coming home,  it happens, well more with 90's models but i can ignore that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

So far 0z suite trends:

Out of curiosity, I went over to weather.us and looked at some of the other models available there.  The French, Chinese, Korean are on the eastern side of the guidance as well.  We know what the skill levels are there, but it does make you wonder what's making some of the models go east of the Euro/CMC...

15 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

So far 0z suite trends:

Comforting thing for me is even the UK would get deformation here, but is probably wrong IMO.

24 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I feel like it’s a situation of the models teasing the bears.

And for awhile I might get paranoid that somehow it’s my fault the models are doing that because it seems a lot like what I’ve been actually accusing them of doing…

until that part where I actually really get mad myself when that happens because I like 40 inch snowstorms. 

one could argue that if it only snows over the ocean it will save some lives on the land, but all that means is that other people will get killed out on the roads who would otherwise have not been there if there was 40 inches of snow, people that are not the same people that would have gotten killed by 40 inches of snow.

It’s all good man. We’ll figure this out. We can’t control the final outcome or anything in life really…just our own thoughts and our actions. Don’t sweat it though if even those go haywire sometimes. 

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Don had pics from Methuen? Random....

I submitted them to him, I lived on the west side, Sugar Pine Ln and the east side, 171 East st, and we had so many huge storms in the 3 yrs I lived there from 2000-2003.  I knew him from ne.weather and always sent him pics and measurements.  Methuen is a magical spot.  I was in Stowe before and after that and only 1993 and vday 2007 really compare to some of the snow I saw in methuen for single snowfall totals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

I submitted them to him, I lived on the west side, Sugar Pine Ln and the east side, 171 East st, and we had so many huge storms in the 3 yrs I lived there from 2000-2003.  I knew him from ne.weather and always sent him pics and measurements.  Methuen is a magical spot.  I was in Stowe before and after that and only 1993 and vday 2007 really compare to some of the snow I saw in methuen for single snowfall totals.

March 4-6 2003 was the best example.  I saw 32 in Methuen.  Vday 2007, 38.   We only got 24 for 1993 superstorm in Stowe.  But it came in 12 hours.  That 32 in Methuen was the most I had ever seen in a single storm until vday 2007.   But I had multiple 18-28 during the 3 years in methuen, north and weest of 495 was in the ****ing zone.  Vinateri kicking in 2001, so much snow that year,  

2 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

March 4-6 2003 was the best example.  I saw 32 in Methuen.  Vday 2007, 38.   We only got 24 for 1993 superstorm in Stowe.  But it came in 12 hours.  That 32 in Methuen was the most I had ever seen in a single storm until vday 2007.   But I had multiple 18-28 during the 3 years in methuen, north and weest of 495 was in the ****ing zone.  Vinateri kicking in 2001, so much snow that year,  

March 4-6 2001*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1