• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

somehow the gfs still gives my area a foot despite being so far east with the low.

Don't worry so much about the low center as long as you have the upper levels in your favor. January 2018 didn't track inside the benchmark either, but that worked out just fine because of how intense the forcing was.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's better than 00z and 06z were, but my point is more that the changes were noise in the grand scheme of things at day 3.5-4. Nothing about that run confirms anything, but it also doesn't take anything off the table either.

Imho these GFS runs over the last two days through this one tonight at 0Z…are clearly inconsistently consuming the southern stream, and it’s bearing upon what happens downstream off the eastern seaboard

I don’t think I can look at this any other way from a meteorological perspective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Imho these GFS runs over the last two days through this one tonight at 0Z…are clearly inconsistently consuming the southern stream, and it’s bearing upon what happens downstream off the eastern seaboard

I don’t think I can look at this any other way from a meteorological perspective.

GFS/CMC both have a later occlusion, but the latter does not have CFI and doesn't try to collapse the ridge.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's not unheard of for the GFS to be a little northern stream dominant.

• Like 1