• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

It's also quite slow compared to the Euro.... and has slowed down from 18z.

Cautiously optimistic the pattern is slowly coming together...  Would hope (expect) GFS to trend a bit better tonight.  Not surprised by the slowing and think that overall trend will help foster a more widespread / high impact event across SNE...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

Cautiously optimistic the pattern is slowly coming together...  Would hope (expect) GFS to trend a bit better tonight.  Not surprised by the slowing and think that overall trend will help foster a more widespread / high impact event across SNE...

Historic

• Like 5

Just now, rockchalk83 said:

What is a KU storm?

It’s an acronym for the authors of a book on historical winter storms that have affected the NE U.S.  

In other words, It’s essentially an HECS (Historic East Coast Storm).  

The probability of this particular event reaching that esteemed category continues to increase, but not yet guaranteed.  

On a related note: we at least want to avoid an “FU” storm.  Seen too many of those over the past 4 years in SNE. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

It’s an acronym for the authors of a book on historical winter storms that have affected the NE U.S.  

In other words, It’s essentially an HECS (Historic East Coast Storm).  

The probability of this particular event reaching that esteemed category continues to increase, but not yet guaranteed.  

On a related note: we at least want to avoid an “FU” storm.  Seen too many of those over the past 4 years in SNE. 

Yeah, we're due after the last 3-4 years.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Last regionwide one was probably feb13. Jan15 shafted WOR big time, especially in MA and NWCT

yeah you're right, that was my last winter in wtby, since moving to Winsted my last 12+ was 1/4/18 if I got the date right, came close in the March storm same year, but 13 was epic in southeast wtby, 32"official, that was more than 78, but nothing will beat that storm in my opinion, just incredible

edit:12/17/20 I got 16.5"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FXWX said:

Refresh my memory, which event a few years back had the westward charging hellacious band with TS+++ / Mix precio+++?  That one had an incredible snow drift to it... while the band was east of me by several miles, I had S+++ but the radar was empty over my area...   

March 18

• Like 1