• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

I’m deleting all that crap. Anyone make a political references in the wx thread again, I’ll just can them for 5 days. We are the most lenient subforum on here….but everyone should know better than to f**k up a storm thread with political crap. 

Now proceed to your regularly scheduled programming. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It just looks strange it keeps jumping back and forth. I guess we’ll see.

I wish I had access to the control member for that 18z run. If that went unrealistically east compared to OP, this close to the event the entire ensemble suite will be messed up.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m deleting all that crap. Anyone make a political references in the wx thread again, I’ll just can them for 5 days. We are the most lenient subforum on here….but everyone should know better than to f**k up a storm thread with political crap. 

Now proceed to your regularly scheduled programming. 

Edibles...

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The GEFS were over the benchmark like 4 days before that BGM inland runner on 1/17 while all that other guidance was way west. 

The GEFS said it would be a big snowstorm for my area, but It rained a lot. The GEFS also was out to sea during the Dec 2020 storm, and jumped hundreds of miles west at like 2 days out. 

Just now, George001 said:

The GEFS said it would be a big snowstorm for my area, but It rained a lot. The GEFS also was out to sea during the Dec 2020 storm, and jumped hundreds of miles west at like 2 days out. 

That means they suck.

example 1-they had you in big snows d6 and lost that.

example 2-yes but an old version which is better since the upgrade.   

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Thanks Will, so yeah the control obviously looks very much like the mean did. So it basically created the outcome of its lower resolution version.

Yeah I feel pretty comfortable tossing the 18z GEFS. Just a huge outlier. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

BOX map looks pretty good for a first call. I kinda had the same across CT - 2-4 inches along the NY border to 8-12 395 corridor. Easy to adjust up or down one category without having wild swings in the forecast.

I have no problem with it either. A little light to the west but we're barely in meso range, lots of time to adjust the paint colors. 

Very odd from the 18z GEFS, however, I think you can kinda see why the mean was farther east. Just comparing 12z GFS/18z GFS (no comparison to other models) looks like there are some deviations in the evolution of the southern s/w between about 0z-12z Saturday. There are some differences with the north stream too. 

While perhaps an outlier this still tells us that despite getting closer, any subtle changes with any of these features is going to yield wide swing in potential outputs. The goal posts are still wide-ish