• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

25 minutes ago, CT Valley Dryslot said:

Probably because it was forecasted on an Atari 2600 and WWII radar.

AccuWeather forecaster on 1010 WINS radio in NYC said 3 to 18 inches.  I think NYC was about 18 inches, we were way over, and New England was insane, of course.  Grandma, buried in Marshfield, lived in North Quincy.

I vaguely remember a March (April?) snow on Long Island that was rain in BOS because it was so man bite dog, although I think 1888 was bigger NYC than BOS.  JoeForAlb just posted this in NYC forum (2 tabs for the big ones)

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh96_trend.thumb.gif.47334db746f2ae0d2989f703093de015.gif

Just now, PhineasC said:

Crappier than 12z. The posts here made it seem like this was a monster run until I looked. 

you have to look at the context of the locations of each poster. it was further west and stronger for most of us, down here. for you and dryslot, it was definitely further east and weaker. they are both correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Euro-GFS blend would keep most of this subforum happy

No clear takeaway trends at 18z imo, and we're still dancing around the fullest potential of this.

Will commented on the western ridge being a hair flatter on 18z GFS... might be at least in part why this tracked farther despite the earlier phase interaction. Another thing to watch.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

you have to look at the context of the locations of each poster. it was further west and stronger for most of us, down here. for you and dryslot, it was definitely further east and weaker. they are both correct.

Yeah it didn’t hook left as much into gulf of maine. It was kind of discombobulated in capturing the low and closing off H5.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Crappier than 12z. The posts here made it seem like this was a monster run until I looked. 

It’s better overall from what I’m seeing but it suppressing you ur way. 

it’s inched west overall. Deeper QPF into SE zones down thugs way  etc

dont sweat it though. This model’s in mid trend … I’m suspecting 00z my be interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It’s better overall from what I’m seeing but it suppressing you ur way. 

it’s inched west overall. Deeper QPF into SE zones down thugs way  etc

dont sweat it though. This model’s in mid trend … I’m suspecting 00z my be interesting. 

Mid trend as in moving a bit westward correct?

• Like 1