• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

This is not a “warm core” cyclogenesis or maintenance stages either, unless it can be specifically analyzed that way … etc

“Warm seclusion” is a separate phenomenon that is not that uncommon with RI cyclones 

This is a baroclinic system; different thermodynamic engine to barotropic 

• Like 5

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

This is not a “warm core” cyclogenesis or maintenance stages either, unless it can be specifically analyzed that way … etc

“Warm seclusion” is a separate phenomenon that is not that uncommon with RI cyclones 

This is a baroclinic system; different thermodynamic engine to barotropic 

Great point. I heard PRE and my tropical senses went into high gear haha.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There will be a run or two that sends the dryslot into interior CNE and jackpots Plattsburgh, NY that will cause a bunch of meltdowns until an hour later when none of the other models follow it.

I expect the 3K to be like 940mb east of PYM at some point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I've already followed this storm far too long, and we are still 96 hours away - normally I'm pretty level headed, but I feel like I could be a melt candidate. Just giving the board a proper heads up. 

Yeah a lot of time left. It really starts Friday night, but yeah......I'm sure we will see some changes....although I don't expect it to be dramatic.

Just give me a 980's or 970's low as it's passing southeast. Getting anything deeper (especially too intense deepening) and bad things happen. Precip starts to get more banded so while some cash in you need to be lucky and occlusion can happen to rapidly so you choke off the moist inflow and the CCB just shuts off and everything goes to poop. Save the 950's for tropical 

• Like 4

I remember a storm while I was at Lowell -  the only one of the year :( _ where it snowed pixy dust for like 12 hour or more before the big show. The sun was also shining softly thru high cirrus clouds so the snow was sparkling as it dropped thru the air. I forget what year but I think it was when was in dorms my freshmen year - 1987. I'm wondering if that was PRE.