• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If people are solely chasing a jackpot in any storm, chances are you will be disappointed. I just think in a storm like this, as modeled, it’s a major event for all.

also, good luck pinning down where the mega band will set up. See, 2013

Jackpot is one thing....don't expect that. But barely crawling over a foot in something like this leaves a lot on the table.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Bomba. At some point, we will get a nam or two that will cause George to have a seizure...supporting his 48-60" forecast. 

All the models seem to be phasing to all or some degree that s/w crossing NM instead of leaving it behind as the trough is in a better position for that feature to be more east.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM is actually kind of weird at 84...trough is not as deep and negative as Euro at same time, but the NAM is hugging the mid-level center west of the Euro...so who knows.

Also analyzing 84h NAM nuances. :lol:

Taken with a grain of salt, Just wanted to see it not dragging its heels at this point.

58 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Enough of the Miller A vs B discussion. It's useless. Just like the ICON.

Edit: Not yelling at Will. It's just the post I found.

Without using the alphabet and without dates and maps, I have a strong impression that secondaries forming north of Chesapeake are more dependable snowmakers for NNE than those that redevelop farther south.  Nothing to do with storm strength, only that the southerly ones seem to have more opportunity to be shoved OTS.

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Something to keep in mind as well as far as haves and have nots are concerned. It’s not like someone is going to get 20” and someone else 3”. It’s probably more like 25 vs 15 or 18” or something 

this is only true if it doesn't slip east. but you know that.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Predecessor Rain Event? I’ve only ever analyzed them for tropical but I suppose they can work in quasi-warm cored mid latitude cyclones as well?

Not literally the same thing.  Different mechanisms giving an homaged appeal. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I never Jack here so, One less thing to concern myself with, I have a whole bevy of far greater problems i can come up with.......;)

Jacks for any particular spot are very uncommon (unless one is on MWN) but the LEW total from late Feb 1969 is still 10" greater than any storm I've experienced, even though it was 7" shy of Farmington.  :D
Haven't had a 12"+ storm since March 2018, by far the longest such stretch in my 23.5 winters here.

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Cant wait for NAM time. Gonna cook up a monster. 

There will be a run or two that sends the dryslot into interior CNE and jackpots Plattsburgh, NY that will cause a bunch of meltdowns until an hour later when none of the other models follow it.

• Like 2