• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, George001 said:

I have a question, wasnt the Boxing Day blizzard a Miller A? I would think Feb 2013 would be a better analog because it’s a Miller B.

Man, it's probably best to think in terms of northern stream energy predominance vs. southern stream energy. AFAIK, Miller stuff has to do with MSLP, which has less synoptic value

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

You can buy, I'll sell. If it happens to be right that will increase uncertainty "chaos" with regard to the H500 capture. We won't know until inside 24 hrs, nevermind 96.

to me the surface reflection is ~100 miles west at that hour, and there is no warm occlusion/core.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. I really like to watch them roll. No longer ridin on the merry go round. I just had to let it go.

Una Padre Santu una Padre Santu. Chi fartalapina? La oots?

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I did. I told him Miller B a few days ago, but I agree that its clearly Miller A at this point.

I was wrong.

Some of the previous runs were def more Miller B-ish.....but once we started getting that southern stream becoming a big player, it became a Miller A. It can still almost act like a Miller B though if southern stream drags and/or the real deepening is delayed a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Some of the previous runs were def more Miller B-ish.....but once we started getting that southern stream becoming a big player, it became a Miller A. It can still almost act like a Miller B though if southern stream drags and/or the real deepening is delayed a bit.

Right....its clear at this point. I never would have said that today.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The area i usually distinguish the two is track lower tenn valley to Delmarva for a B, Gulf coast to GA for an A then redevelops.

• Like 1