• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

This ...really "maybe" entering unique historical value? 

I don't recall ever seeing a 950 to 960 mb low stall - if does so..- or even hesitate where the 'super blend' tracks.  Granted the same conceptualized blend isn't that deep, but with the operational Euro recency, and now this violent trend by the GGEM... Not to mention the numerous EPS members just as drilled... 

About the only thing more arresting than that is the contemplation of this still having room to trend         .... more.  

I mean if the former say... 958 mb is reached around 72W/40N, and behaviorally it stalls or slows.. I can't find a low that deep, that did that, there.  And this could still become more.  

Really ?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't recall ever seeing a 950 to 960 mb low stall - if does so..- or even hesitate where the 'super blend' tracks.  Granted the same conceptualized blend isn't that deep, but with the operational Euro recency, and now this violent trend by the GGEM... Not to mention the numerous EPS members just as drilled... 

About the only thing more arresting than that is the contemplation of this still having room to trend         .... more.  

I mean if the former say... 958 mb is reached around 72W/40N, and behaviorally it stalls or slows.. I can't find a low that deep, that did that, there.  And this could still become more.  

Really ?

Exotic territory... and we're all thinking wow if this unfolds verbatim, because this is so rare

I posted this last night... I'm curious when the region last had a blizzard from a (albeit briefly) warm core system?

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Really ?

If that happens, could we see 4 feet+ jackpots? 

• Weenie 9

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

EWB. 

The best part of big snow events...is looking at omega values on buflit. This also shows there is going to be serious subsidence somewhere. Cross sections are going to display this super well

image.thumb.png.b7ef8b61a17ec28145504adcda239a2b.png

Watching from the Catskills and wouldn’t be shocked if I got relatively little on this while a trip of 100 miles nets someone 20”+. It happened with February 2013 where I saw 7” and the 40” measurement was but 100 miles from me.