• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I tracked Feb13 from NC lol. That's how sick I am, as most of us are. But yea, but if you remember there was also runs that jacked NJ. I think we set have set the goalposts here though. For us, it could be historic or a glancing blow while out east has more room for historic outcomes. That's climo though and that's why sticking out into the path of ocean storms sets up well. 

I do remember that up until go time, the band was supposed to be maybe 25 miles west of where it set up

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I tracked Feb13 from NC lol. That's how sick I am, as most of us are. But yea, but if you remember there was also runs that jacked NJ. I think we set have set the goalposts here though. For us, it could be historic or a glancing blow while out east has more room for historic outcomes. That's climo though and that's why sticking out into the path of ocean storms sets up well. 

I don't remember that, but it makes sense to me...just like NYC had Jp runs in 2015. They usually end up slightly east w capture, so you want a bit of wiggle room.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I know it's early but I can wait to check out some 12z GFS bufkit profiles. Betting we see like -60 to -70 units of omega popping...hopefully well into the DGZ

I hope your relationship survives this storm....weenie marriages are going to be tested all throughout NE. Glad wifey still away lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I get it.

But Same here Berg…Euro jacks Jersey NYC western/central areas. I think this is a region wide thrashing. I’m liking where we stand currently. That’s my take. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah the weird thing with Boxing Day is that the mid level low tracks were actually decent back this way. But those lows were so broad everything was displaced pretty far north and west of the low center.

For Boxing Day storm in Ellington/Somers we had so little snow it was really bizarre as the farmland on some drumlins in Somers just norths of Ellington had all the snow blown off and everything was covered in dirt.  The winds picked up the soil and covered what little snow there was.

6 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

2-3 feet of snow with hurricane force wind gusts would knock out a lot of power though 

No leaves on the trees and the wind prevents sticking if it’s true blizzard. 2005 and 2015 on the cape we had minimal outages. The snow and completely impassable roads would be way more of a problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I get it.

But Same here Berg…Euro jacks Jersey NYC western/central areas. I think this is a region wide thrashing. I’m liking where we stand currently. That’s my take. 

No doubt my man. I have to send my newsletter to my fam and friends later today and I usually give them a lean at d4 with potential big ones. We mention the possibilities, of course, but I always try to lean a certain way. Either they berate me on Saturday and refuse to give me a plate at the next holiday party or they give me two plates and allow me to eat before the women and children. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2