• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Semantics but.. shouldn't scale/size matter for those definitions?  

I mean, the "E" and the "C" stand for East and Coast.   If this stalls and donut stuffs Boston for 30" and NYC for 2" ...is that a HECS? 

That's what's gonna happen isn't it.

This has central & eastern SNE bomb, western areas fringe written all over it. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Lol, 952 over the BM on the GGEM. That's the kind of stuff I used to draw in my notebook in college during class when I was bored.

Wait!   you did that too?  omh ..hahahahaha

Dude, my entire 9th grade math notebook was hand drawn weather charts, sequencing over three days, the evolution of completely unrealistic fantasy storm evolutions... I mean, I had one sequence where NYC-PWM got a 1,000" over a month of the same storm that kept forming new waves W of Bermuda, that calved NW and "re-bombed" the same Georg01ian storm...  

Man, that got me through some of the most grueling Quadratic sermons droned.  I actually got more sophisticated by sophomore year, and they would tamer more realistic bombs but .. but still straining credibility of course - I mean it's got to at least push convention. 

I was like Ralph Phillips the weather dreamer

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Wow at everything right now. 

We may actually get it pretty damn good, in our hood. Still scarred though, very much in wait and see mode.

As I say every year here, I really appreciate all that this place brings, and has taught me.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Wait!   you did that too?  omh ..hahahahaha

Dude, my entire 9th grade math notebook was hand drawn weather charts, sequencing over three days, the evolution of completely unrealistic fantasy storm evolutions... I mean, I had one sequence where NYC-PWM got a 1,000" over a month of the same storm that kept forming new waves W of Bermuda, that calved NW and "re-bombed" the same Georg01ian storm...  

Man, that got me through some of the most grueling Quadratic sermons droned.  I actually got more sophisticated by sophomore year, and they would tamer more realistic bombs but .. but still straining credibility of course - I mean it's got to at least push convention. 

I was like Ralph Phillips the weather dreamer

Yeah I bet most of us did that in HS...lots of notebooks with 90% weather and 10% whatever class I was actually in.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Bun this :weenie:. Obviously anything can happen, but I think you are projecting just a bit. 

I’ve seen very little model support in the last few cycles of both op and ensemble models that would produce something like that 

That’s not my forecast, just keep an eye out. Luckily many close members seemed to have gone away.