• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That capture is how you get a HECS....you need it to stall for 6-8 hours...almost all the great ones did it at least that long.

Couple rare exceptions maybe....Feb 5, 2001 for interior.

Semantics but.. shouldn't scale/size matter for those definitions?  

I mean, the "E" and the "C" stand for East and Coast.   If this stalls and donut stuffs Boston for 30" and NYC for 2" ...is that a HECS? 

I would dance a jig for any major snowfall. Haven't seen one in a couple years. 

Which is why I'm looking forward to this trending west, then being assured that I'll still get significant snow after we flip back from rain, then watching a band to our west while sucking subsidence, then just as that band should move overhead it disintegrates and forms east of me. Lastly to come on here and listen to people bitching about getting only 10 inches instead of 18 while I look at 4 inches of paste. Something like that, don't want to get too specific at this stage.

• Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Yeah, you watch the morning weather on networks like NBC CT and all you see are total weather nerds going all weenie about it on the air, like giddy little school children in science class trying to hold back their excitement for recess so they can go look at leaves under a microscope. Trying to hold back a gigantic grin as they speak of heavy snow, wind and coastal flooding. It's despicable, really.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol, 952 over the BM on the GGEM. That's the kind of stuff I used to draw in my notebook in college during class when I was bored.

hmmm

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Semantics but.. shouldn't scale/size matter for those definitions?  

I mean, the "E" and the "C" stand for East and Coast.   If this stalls and donut stuffs Boston for 30" and NYC for 2" ...is that a HECS? 

Yeah technically you're right, but we've coopted the term over the years to mean a historical storm wherever it hits. Like we'll say "that's a HECS for Portland Maine"....kind of doesn't really make sense when you break down the acronym, but it's still easier than typing out "a historic storm for PWM"

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Bun this :weenie:. Obviously anything can happen, but I think you are projecting just a bit. 

I’ve seen very little model support in the last few cycles of both op and ensemble models that would produce something like that 

You really say that to me? :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2