• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Like Ray said, gotta watch for trends of LBSW

LBSW is my largest concern.....even a track over SE MA, I can deal with...that replaces deformation with low level fornto. I don't care to jackpot.....I just can't stomach being another regional minimum for like the 36th consecutive event. If this goes LBSW, I hope it cuts over SNE. Last thing I want is a LBSW that remains frigid and pins the low level fronto down in Duxbury.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s what FXWX pointed out to Raymond yesterday. Usually this happens south of LI

I never disputed that it would trend that way. You are misunderstanding. In fact, I said I expected some LBSW runs, but I think it will tic a bit later with capture right at the last moment.

32 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Interesting that IT is usually the one who tends to hold energy back. 

I think some of these old perceived biases need to die. These models get so many updates and upgrades now that it’s difficult to apply biases from 15-20 yrs ago to today. I know many still believe in them, but I’d need to see some kind of research to be convinced. Just my $0.02. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, like Will said...that actually captured as modeled, but stalled later. I was Juno that captured later, which is the best analog....my point is that usually these Miller Bs either stall and/or capture a bit later at the last moment.

No idea when Juno was, I hate names.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, like Will said...that actually captured as modeled, but stalled later. I was Juno that captured later, which is the best analog....my point is that usually these Miller Bs either stall and/or capture a bit later at the last moment.

We don't talk about Juno

• Like 3
  • Haha 3