• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Henry's Weather said:

In fact, I remember when i was looking through the 2015 thread, after the first euro run which came onboard, there was one which was even more tucked which jacked berks/NYC and coastal-fronted SEMA. You had the same reaction IIRC

I'm sure I did lol. I wear my emotions on my sleeve in these threads....actual forecasts are another story.

I actually called that in JUNO...I warned the NYC thread and no one wanted to hear it.

These usually kick NE late in game

• Like 3

That run was definitely very eerily similar to Boxing Day in the evolution. Right up to the 500mb dryslot too. Boxing Day slotted so bad because not only did it close off and capture far SW, it was really broad at H5 and tore the dryslot all the way up into SNE. We can sometimes get away with systems getting captured way SW (see Dec 92), but you don’t want this big northward broad push aloft that shoves the dryslot really far. 

• Like 1

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Trust me.... We know. 

Ya what a total slug and troll.  Never ends with that guy. Just plain sad. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That run was definitely very eerily similar to Boxing Day in the evolution. Right up to the 500mb dryslot too. Boxing Day slotted so bad because not only did it close off and capture far SW, it was really broad at H5 and tore the dryslot all the way up into SNE. We can sometimes get away with systems getting captured way SW (see Dec 92), but you don’t want this big northward broad push aloft that shoves the dryslot really far. 

It’s just another solution at this point. I think the takeaway here is this has major powerhouse capability if things can phase efficiently.  

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think this one is going over Chatham so you should get some decent snows.

Seriously though, let's see big snows from the south all the way up the eastern sea board. So many storms mentioned by Ludlum of blizzard conditions from Norfolk VA to down east Maine with big snows reaching well inland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice weenie along the NJ coast but it should be pointing up, percolating. The kuchie though is too generous, she needs to put her undies back on and talk this out for a minute. 

On the flip side, Qpf looked underdone imo. 

Way underdone, with the low that deep and the stall, I would think it would be a widespread 24+ with the jackpot areas getting 3 feet+ if that were to verify.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya what a total slug and troll.  Never ends with that guy. Just plain sad. 

It’s just another solution at this point. I think the takeaway here is this has major powerhouse capability if things can phase efficiently.  

Lol. Up this late just to troll must be exhausting. Imagine what he could accomplish in his life if he took the winters off (if he truly hates it) and put that time and energy to good use instead. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If we do close this off that far SW like the EURO, I'm going to want this to amp to hell and tuck right in near Boston....the last thing I want is to have the mid level deformation over Logan11, and the CF pinned by the cranberry bogs...I'd rather risk rain.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol. Up this late just to troll must be exhausting. Imagine what he could accomplish in his life if he took the winters off (if he truly hates it) and put that time and energy to good use instead. 

100% agree. What a complete terd in the punch bowl that guy is.  Never ever ends with him. 

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If we do close this off that far SW like the EURO, I'm going to want this to amp to hell and tuck right in near Boston....the last thing I want is to have the mid level deformation over Logan11, and the CF pinned by the cranberry bogs...I'd rather risk rain.

Yes. Or have H5 tighten up a little bit so that we’re getting firehosed with heavy precip even if the ML deformation is off to our west…kind of like a Jan 2011 or Feb 2013….you don’t get those nasty dryslots hitting us even though deformation bands are west. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. Or have H5 tighten up a little bit so that we’re getting firehosed with heavy precip even if the ML deformation is off to our west…kind of like a Jan 2011 or Feb 2013….you don’t get those nasty dryslots hitting us even though deformation bands are west. 

If this is a Boxing Day redux I’m going to lose my mind.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, CT Rain said:

If this is a Boxing Day redux I’m going to lose my mind.

It would actually be kind of funny if after all this, a bunch of people got 6” of sand because of dryslotting. 

But yeah, don’t want any part of that look.