• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Right but when they miss they often  produce something ...usually a warning event . This has hit or full miss and the track seems well easy to whiff So I’d say much lower odds than usual 

I would be shocked if our area doesn't see a warning event.

I don't agree with you.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Setting goal posts....I would give it another 24 hours, but tucky tucky may just be outta lucky lucky

We knew it would be. Mostly northern stream dominate systems favor the east. The west needs more southern juice but the subtle trends have been to drag it and not curl it inwards early enough. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We knew it would be. Mostly northern stream dominate systems favor the east. The west needs more southern juice but the subtle trends have been to drag it and not curl it inwards early enough. 

The key is to close it off just a hair sooner....I think that would place a deform waaaay west...even more than people would think. This has more S juice than JUNO did IMO.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The key is to close it off just a hair sooner....I think that would place a deform waaaay west...even more than people would think. This has more S juice than JUNO did IMO.

yeah there is a lot of southern energy. The more east solutions seem to be holding the energy back. Hopefully it trends towards a quicker ejection in future runs and no energy is left behind. 

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It does but the small hints show a potential to be sloppy with the s stream. We’ll see what euro/eps do but it probably shifts east a tick imwo. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It does but the small hints show a potential to be sloppy with the s stream. We’ll see what euro/eps do but it probably shifts east a tick imwo. 

I think it will tick east at 12th hour...you know my thoughts on that, they usually do....but not necessarily from THIS solution, if you get my drift...

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would be shocked if our area doesn't see a warning event.

I don't agree with you.

Fair enough , and to be honest I hadn’t looked at it that closely at all, other than just looking at angle of approach and saying Doesn’t seem like much wiggle room . I’m hoping it hits 

surprised I have a 1/2 inch new now , looks nice 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Fair enough , and to be honest I can be easily swayed Bc I hadn’t looked at it that closely at all, other than just looking at angle of approach and saying Doesn’t seem like much wiggle room 

surprised I have a 1/2 inch new now , looks nice 

Its is kind of thread the needle, you are right....but unless things really go to shit fast, I think we are honing in soon.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its is kind of thread the needle, you are right....but unless things really go to shit fast, I think we are honing in soon.

The storm is going to be nearby…we know that much. Really the only major variable right now is still how much southern stream gets incorporated. It’s the difference between maybe a scraper and a cape track roughly. That’s where the realistic goalposts are imho. 

If we want to get super weenie-ish about 2 standard devs you could prob extend the goalposts a little further to a whiff and maybe something tucked near BOS but that’s getting fairly low probability. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Tells the scale of this event: thread the needle is for historic, and we’ve seen exactly that depicted verbatim on reliable models… but lots of buffer for widespread warning+