• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, LovewellHemp said:

I have a tripped planned to Jefferson NY this weekend with the lady and I'm really debating cancelling. If I go to NY and miss a once in a lifetime storm for RI I might jump off the Newport bridge. If I cancel and we get an average event I will surely be killed in my sleep. If I can score over a foot I might live. What's the likelihood this thing ends up further west and Charlestown RI ends up with another rainer?

Wait till Wednesday or Thursday to cancel 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The narcan cmc snow map seemed to follow the 925 temp profile. 

One thing to remain mindful of is that this isn't like a SW flow event, or even a more pedestrian cyclone in which the entire system, including thermal profile, is tilted.....which introduces precipt type issues further NW. This is going to be vertically stacking, so snowfall should be pretty close to the low as the system matures near out latitude. Now, dry slot is another matter..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Congrats. How many 30 burgers will this be in your weenie career?

I want to see 20 to 30 ft drifts again once in my life. On Rt 3 in Ashaway RI at the end of a half Mile field the drift from 78 completely covered the front of a church and was across the road at 15 feet and near 25 at the church. Ultra cool.

• Like 3

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I want to see 20 to 30 ft drifts again once in my life. On Rt 3 in Ashaway RI at the end of a half Mile field the drift from 78 completely covered the front of a church and was across the road at 15 feet and near 25 at the church. Ultra cool.

Sounds like cape in 2005.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

One thing to remain mindful of is that this isn't like a SW flow event, or even a more pedestrian cyclone in which the entire system, including thermal profile, is tilted.....which introduces precipt type issues further NW. This is going to be vertically stacking, so snowfall should be pretty close to the low as the system matures near out latitude. Now, dry slot is another matter..

I know all about that being on the west side of these as it stacks near cape cod.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I figured you know this, just saying...

Yea, definitely. Just discussing. I know I don't live it a climo favored area for captured lows east of cape cod to be direct hits here so we take it in stride. With that said, a Jan15 like outcome will be a crushing blow in a long list of crushing blows...it would take me a few days to recover and regroup, not denying that, lol.  

Ok I’ve seen enough to make my preliminary forecast. Now that the Navy is on board, I am very confident that this low isn’t going to disappear. The question is not going to be out to sea or benchmark blizzard, it’s going to be will it be just inside the benchmark or hug the coast? My Initial thoughts are that the low will hug the coast, going from just east of Long Island, to over the cape cod elbow, and then going into the gulf of Maine, rapidly deepening as it comes up the coast. I am forecasting the low to deepen to the 960s. Since this is a preliminary forecast I am going to start conservative and adjust upwards if needed. 

NYC: 12-18 

Central to eastern long island: 16-20 

1-95 corridor, Boston, and interior se ma: 16-20

Worcester: 20-24

Berkshires: 24-28

all of CNE and NNE 20+

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Weenie 22

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, definitely. Just discussing. I know I don't live it a climo favored area for captured lows east of cape cod to be direct hits here so we take it in stride. With that said, a Jan15 like outcome will be a crushing blow in a long list of crushing blows...it would take me a few days to recover and regroup, not denying that, lol.  

Decent shot it ends up a bit west of that....who knows. I feel like we are going to start seeing runs tonight LBSW their way to CT.