• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

One of these two things are off

TT_TT_PN_120_0000.gif

Looks like at least this frame the Boston area is north of the low. It does eventually come up and goes right over the Worcester area, but on tropical tidbits it has the 850mb line offshore. So I would think it’s still heavy snow even areas east of the low.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

What's off is CMC's surface temps - always too high compared to Euro and Uk.

I completely agree, the Canadian is a great model but it isn’t the best for surface temps. Even with the low coming up over Worcester, due to the high to the north and the strength of the low, I would think the dynamical cooling would offset the less than idea track, allowing it to snow even places that are east of the low.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

My only issue is can my snowblower handle this or do I need to do every 8-10 inches.  First world problems…..or hire the guy my neighbor uses…

My concerns is my old girl too, 33 yrs old and every time i start it i have to wonder if its the last.

• Like 1