• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

WPC:

"...Close to the immediate Atlantic coastline, strong winds combined with high astronomical tides may lead to coastal flooding. Please continue to monitor for future updates as this system develops..."

This is an under the present scope of awareness, major problem. 

It's one thing to hat astronomical tide ... but coupling that with surface pressure depths approaching historic proportions, and the real possibility of a brief retro toward the coast near max... this could be headline material -

I think it was yesterday i had mentioned the tide aspect, This could end up being very damaging for coastal communities.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It would have to be Saturday morning peak because evening tides more manageable. 

Yeah totally but from this range I mean it's in play - course.. heh, how 'manageable' is 960 mb low move NW during the day on a retro slug motion.

I remember living in Rockport, the old annuls about 1978 were that it was the 2nd tide that was a monster because of a similar motion.  That's always stuck to my memory.

18 minutes ago, George001 said:

Holy shit, is that the Canadian? Canadian and Euro both have 2ft+ over the area. Low deepens to the 970s on the Canadian and the 950s on the Euro, with blizzard conditions! I think it’s safe to say there will be a monster blizzard somewhere with how far west the models have moved over the last couple of days.

Ey, it is. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Did anyone ever get good maps for the CMC? Sounds like it was great. Sorry if missed, I was skiing. 

I really don't think it was as great for BOS as people were thinking, some of those clown maps make no sense. it was certainly good for you

Just now, ROOSTA said:

These events beat tracking a tropical entity hands-down, twice on Sunday. The variables to consider are far greater, damage far lesser and fun if you know what to look for. From a personal perspective it's always been the time leading to the event not the event itself.  

I'd hesitate from declaring this with a potential sub-975 mb low interacting with astronomical high tides.

• Like 5

Hopefully we see the GFS tick east and slightly deeper to both mitigate some of the mixing issues and keep the shield of precipitation nice and broad. Unfortunately this season the EURO has seemed to follow the GFS more than vice versa, so shifts in this evening's/tonight's runs would be excellent