• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, HinghamBoss said:

How literal can we take the clown maps in terms of not showing much frozen precip in SE MA?  

That would prob be a bit rough in SE MA because the CF sets up right over them...just west gets pounded while just E is SOL....the CF is really potent right up into the 925/900 layer, so it's not just right at the SFC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That would prob be a bit rough in SE MA because the CF sets up right over them...just west gets pounded while just E is SOL....the CF is really potent right up into the 925/900 layer, so it's not just right at the SFC.

Helpful context.  I am not jumping off any bridges over a model run 5 days out, but clearly want this to move just a bit more East over the next few days.  Rooting extremely hard for the big storm that this whole forum cashes in on.  Let the "losers" in this storm be people fighting about 10" vs 12" instead of 12" vs 0".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Selfishly, I don’t hate the folks in Boston, but I think this increases the chance that a plane from London can land at 1 o’clock on Saturday in Boston.  Looks like a storm that has a real chance for deformation from northwest Connecticut Massachusetts the Berks and southern Vermont over dendrite land and Gene and then over to Jeff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Selfishly, I don’t hate the folks in Boston, but I think this increases the chance that a plane from London can land at 1 o’clock on Saturday in Boston.  Looks like a storm that has a real chance for deformation from northwest Connecticut Massachusetts the Berks and southern Vermont over dendrite land and Gene and then over to Jeff

I'm not sure you can get much worse conditions for landing in BOS at 18z on Saturday than what a lot of guidance is showing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic